Reef nutrition

Reef-A-Palooza 2009- October 24-25

Reef-A-Palooza (RAP) is an annual event promoted by the Southern California Marine Aquarium Society (SCMAS). Now in its sixth year, RAP can best be described as an indoor marketplace where sellers, exhibitors, and hobbyists of all types can buy, sell, trade, and showcase their products to the marine hobbyist community. The main purpose of Reef-A-Palooza is to provide an enjoyable, positive atmosphere that is conducive to education and trade of both product and knowledge. As such, participating exhibitors range from large manufacturers, to retailers, to small livestock sellers, and participating hobbyists range from the beginner to the elite, rare-species coral farmer. It is the perfect venue to showcase new products in the marine aquarium industry. We strive to rally a diverse range of participants into the two-day event so as to present the best value and interest to everyone involved. Considering our current bookings and the popularity of previous years, we expect 70+ exhibitors/exhibitors and well over 2,000 attendees this year!

Reef-A-Palooza provides the perfect venue for marine aquarium hobbyists to meet fellow enthusiasts, exchange information, and trade, and learn about new products. One of our main goals at Reef-A-Palooza, and within SCMAS, is to educate and enlighten the public with the latest knowledge in marine animal husbandry skills and environmental responsibility. For instance, SCMAS fully encourages the rapid advancement and allure of coral propagation as a viable alternative to wild harvest collection practices. As such, many of our booth exhibitors are local hobbyists who grow their own corals specifically to sell and trade at Reef-A-Palooza and similar events. SCMAS thoroughly encourages this type of “green commerce” for both the betterment and future of our hobby, as well as the resulting benefit to the marine environment.

Southern California is one of the most prolific areas in the world for the marine hobby in terms of retail, supply, and demographics. The density of marine aquarium hobbyists living within the greater LA, San Diego and Orange County area is simply phenomenal! As such, we fully leverage this advantage by properly directing resources to proactively promote Reef-A-Palooza far in advance of the actual event. Significant effort is made to advertise the event effectively, such as posting abundant signs, distributing postcards, and providing other similar displays to various retail locations. Booth rates are extremely reasonable and affordable.

Reef-A-Palooza is focused mainly to cater to the exhibitor and hobbyist, rather than as an educational conference. As such, we tend to attract customers who come specifically for the purpose of viewing and seeing all of the different exhibitor’s booths and displays. Nonetheless, speakers, raffle drawings, and other entertainment are provided to help keep people around for most of the day, even after seeing all the booths. In addition, our promotional and marketing efforts are nearly guaranteed to attract high participation and attendance rates, and hence, heavy foot-traffic throughout the building. RAP 2009 is going to be HUGE this year due to the popularity of its new venue (Orange County Fair & Exposition Center, Building #12) as well as the number of sellers, exhibitors, and manufacturers involved. We now have 20,000 square feet of indoor, climate-controlled space in which to make this event a resounding success. Now into its sixth year, Reef-A-Palooza has quickly gained the reputation as an event that is NOT to be missed!

www.reefapalooza.org

The RAP 2009 raffle is shaping up nicely. This is what we have so far.....
Warner Marine donated a K2 skimmer and a Media reactor.
Eco Tech will be donating a MP10
Air Water & Ice doanted a Typhoon III RO/DI unit
Digital Aquatics donated 2 RKL L1 controllers
Bulk Reef Supply donated a 5 stage RO/DI unit and a single Deluxe BRS Carbon/GFO Reactor Complete w/media
Aquarium Specialty donated some Prodibio products
Aqua Euro donated a Aqua Euro 135 skimmer
Hamilton Technology donated 2@250 watt MH bulbs and Two 65 watt German compact fluorescent bulbs and two digital timers.
Tropic Marin has donated Reef Actif and Pro Coral Reef Snow
Coral Vue has donated a Lumen Bright Reflector
Aquatic Life has donated A New Powered RO/DI Unit, 6 mini protein skimmers, AND 2-48” T5HO Dual-Lamp fixtures

If anyone is going to this - can you send me a message. I have some clowns in LA that I would like to pick up - My buddy Clinton can meet you to drop them off, and then I can meet you to grab them - willing to donate a coral or two, or put you to the top of a DBTC of mine for the favor.

Thanks!

Kyle, If you can't find anyone before Nov 2nd, I might be able to help you out. I'm going to Cypress in Nov (2nd-19th). JLMK.

I'll be going of course, but, I don't live in the BA so getting them from me wouldn't be easy.

You know I can't find anywhere on the website saying the cost of the event? Kids under 12 are free.....MAX event was $10 I think. I might be down on Sunday....Gresham do you have the door prize form...You are listed on the page?

Door prize forms AKA flyers for the event are mailed out with every order. You can get them from socal LFS which is the main push (getting non vending stores to promote the event, great idea since there is a prize to the store/dealer that refers the most).

I think we just ran out of flyers though, I just requested more.

Price has been posted on the SOCAL forum thread on RC. It's either 415 or $10, $10 I think. free to SCMAS club members and kids.

We'll bring more BAR DBTC flyers to this event, DA-CFM in Dallas next month and to the Ventura club frag swap. We need to design a poster for this, I can print 17x22 posters on my Epson 3800 :)

16 days till the BIG EVENT!!!
Also, if you are a member of another reef club, their is a $5 discount for the daily or weekend pass. I.E. $5/day pass or $10/weekend pass.

GreshamH said:
Door prize forms AKA flyers for the event are mailed out with every order. You can get them from socal LFS which is the main push (getting non vending stores to promote the event, great idea since there is a prize to the store/dealer that refers the most).

Price has been posted on the SOCAL forum thread on RC. It's either 415 or $10, $10 I think. free to SCMAS club members and kids.

We'll bring more BAR DBTC flyers to this event, DA-CFM in Dallas next month and to the Ventura club frag swap. We need to design a poster for this, I can print 17x22 posters on my Epson 3800 :)

Gresham,
I will contact Greg to see if he has more flyers.

primetime said:
GreshamH said:

Gresham,

Why? I had the issue taken care of minutes after posting :lol: I'm rather good at my job ;)

GreshamH said:
primetime said:
GreshamH said:

Gresham,

Why? I had the issue taken care of minutes after posting :lol: I'm rather good at my job ;)

I'm too slow I guess. :D Glad you got it taken care of.

United Pet Group will be donating the following items !!!:

One - 200 gallon 48x36 deep dimension set up – aquarium with corner flo filtration, Monterey stand & canopy, glass canopy & high end lighting system, sump filter & heater in black

One – 60 gallon 24x24 cube set up - aquarium with corner flo filtration, Ventura stand, glass canopy & high end lighting system, sump filter & heater in red oak

Four – 10 gallon half moon aquarium starter kits - aquarium with LED light, internal filter & heater

This just in....

Seachem will be donating:
4 Pinnacle 100GPD RO/DI Units
2 Reef Status:Calcium Test Kits
2 Reef Status:Magnesium, Carbonate, BorateTest Kits

Back