Kessil

Reef Cleaners Group Buy

I’ll add into this thread that I put in a reefcleaners order a month or so ago, the emerald crabs go right for the bubble algae, the Pitho crabs seem dopey and ineffective, albeit entertaining

I’ll add into this thread that I put in a reefcleaners order a month or so ago, the emerald crabs go right for the bubble algae, the Pitho crabs seem dopey and ineffective, albeit entertaining

My Pitho crabs are pretty active at night and go after the bubble algae and others pretty aggressively. They half bury themselves in the sand during day and don't move much. Have you tried spying on them after the room has been dark?

unfortunately my purchase from them a month ago entailed the wrasse getting a very nice snail snack!

As to the pithos -got two. One didn’t make it.
The one I have now does eat bubble algae but only near the sand bed.

I had two previous. One was great. Climbed all the rocks and nearly cleaned everything in a week. The other also did a great job clearing the bubble algae near the sand bed only. Shows the hit and miss of them.

Just hate paying that much for shipping.

So far is only me and @glee that wanna buy things. Everyone else dropped out from the reef buy.

I think the shipping should be alright. They will come by plane and then the truck. Not sure if there will be issues since is not Texas and is bay area.

So far is only me and @glee that wanna buy things. Everyone else dropped out from the reef buy.

I think the shipping should be alright. They will come by plane and then the truck. Not sure if there will be issues since is not Texas and is bay area.
Where do they come from? Ever been stuck on a plane on the runway for awhile?

not to high jack the thread, i will be placing a large order that qualifies for ups overnight delivery. i do not mind if anyone wants in on it. Pick up point is in San Leandro off marina blvd by the kaiser. deadline for your order is on monday 9/18.

The peppermint shrimp sold at AC also eat aiptasia
I guess it depends on the shipment they get. Last year I bought 12 from them but I didn’t look to see which species it was. Those did not touch any Aiptasia. When I went 2 weeks ago they only had the Lysmata ankeri. I asked if they can get Wurdemanni.

This was the response:
“Unfortunately suppliers don’t list the species when ordering typically. They are just listed as peppermint shrimp.”

I guess it depends on the shipment they get. Last year I bought 12 from them but I didn’t look to see which species it was. Those did not touch any Aiptasia. When I went 2 weeks ago they only had the Lysmata ankeri. I asked if they can get Wurdemanni.

This was the response:
“Unfortunately suppliers don’t list the species when ordering typically. They are just listed as peppermint shrimp.”
Ah maybe they had a different species before then. Species tracing would have to come from the import company. Most wholesaler's don't list the latin names.

Last edited:
Ah maybe they had a different species before then. Species tracing would have to come from the import company. Most wholesaler's don't list the latin names.
I had asked Neptune and their supplier gets them the Wurdemanni. I don’t know if this is why they charge $24.99 or if it’s because they know these will be used for Aiptasia control so some people might be willing to pay a lot more.

They are not imported (they are exported heavily though) and they're easily ID'd. Dr Rhyne has made sure of that.

They are not imported (they are exported heavily though) and they're easily ID'd. Dr Rhyne has made sure of that.

thnx for the info! I striked out my statement on import.

Back