Our mission

ReeFi Uno 2.0 lights are pretty amazing

Darkxerox

Facilities, Events, LFS Partnership
BOD
So I finally got this light in the past weekend to replace my AI hydra 26. It's a pretty new, family run business up in Seattle, but I heard some good things from Telegraham and Reef Beef. The founder Daniel is an ex-Intel engineer if I recall and it shows in the thermal management of this thing (looks like an Nvidia graphics card with huge copper heatsinks and pipes).
PXL_20221213_005745699.MP.jpg

Unlike most lights, it has built in reflectors, which cut the side glare down to nothing. I have to sit on the floor about 5 feet below the light to catch any.

Anyways Daniel 3D printed a custom bracket for me so it slips right onto my old AI EXT rail. PAR is absolutely insane. At not even 60% it was putting out over 300 in the middle of my tank. I ramped it down and will grab more readings tomorrow.

Color wise, everything is absolutely glowing. This is with the blue preset in the app.

Before:
PXL_20221213_012315824.jpg

After:
PXL_20221213_040118407.jpg

Side spill before:
PXL_20221213_012638629.MP.jpg

Side spill after (120 degree "Reeflector"):
PXL_20221213_023946837.jpg

(90 degree "Reeflector"):
PXL_20221213_035522673.jpg

Price was under $500, which blows away the Radion G6. And it puts out as much or more PAR with no need for any 3D printed shade to block glare. Control right now is browser based for now, but was pretty intuitive with great presets. Nice to have the cloud control and moonlight settings that my old AI light had.
Screenshot_20221212-204528.png

Finally feels like the amount of light I had with my old metal halides on this tank. Side note, how much PAR can hammers/torches take?

Nice to see someone else in BAR enjoying one as well. Received mine last Friday night and have been playing around. Need to get bustling on testing before I have to pass along the PAR meter :D I wrote up my initial thoughts on Instagram and added a couple pics. It’s well built, over engineered, powerful and has great spectrum.

So I finally got this light in the past weekend to replace my AI hydra 26. It's a pretty new, family run business up in Seattle, but I heard some good things from Telegraham and Reef Beef. The founder Daniel is an ex-Intel engineer if I recall and it shows in the thermal management of this thing (looks like an Nvidia graphics card with huge copper heatsinks and pipes).
View attachment 43902

Unlike most lights, it has built in reflectors, which cut the side glare down to nothing. I have to sit on the floor about 5 feet below the light to catch any.

Anyways Daniel 3D printed a custom bracket for me so it slips right onto my old AI EXT rail. PAR is absolutely insane. At not even 60% it was putting out over 300 in the middle of my tank. I ramped it down and will grab more readings tomorrow.

Color wise, everything is absolutely glowing. This is with the blue preset in the app.

Before: View attachment 43903

After:View attachment 43904

Side spill before:View attachment 43905

Side spill after (120 degree "Reeflector"): View attachment 43906

(90 degree "Reeflector"):
View attachment 43907

Price was under $500, which blows away the Radion G6. And it puts out as much or more PAR with no need for any 3D printed shade to block glare. Control right now is browser based for now, but was pretty intuitive with great presets. Nice to have the cloud control and moonlight settings that my old AI light had.
View attachment 43908

Finally feels like the amount of light I had with my old metal halides on this tank. Side note, how much PAR can hammers/torches take?

Torches can take a lot if given time to adapt. I’ve had them in 400 par at times. Higher par levels can really bring out the yellows in gold torches. Right now I have a few torches in 250-300 par.

I love seeing new innovation. Even if you have a different brand you prefer for whatever reason, having a competitor upping the performance to price ratio forces everyone else to up their game too.

So acclimation sequence is almost done and everything is doing great so far. The clam sitting at the highest par of about 375 is extremely happy, look how big the current scute is compared to past ones:

PXL_20230110_011226233.jpg

PXL_20230110_001820278.jpg

Alk and Ca consumption is way up as well which is a good sign. Colors look great. I may tweak the settings color wise in the future but overall extremely happy with the light! I really think all the extra 400nm punch as well a the lime LEDs over the cyan used elsewhere really helps the colors pop.

@kinetic how do your settings compare to what I'm running so far?

Reviving this thread since some new folks have picked up ReeFi Uno 2.0s.

These are my current settings:

Screenshot_20240227-193540.png

Basically 111W for 5 hours, 81W of that for an hour before and after ramp, then wavelengths blue and shorter. Basically 12 hours with a very 14k look at mid day (maybe whiter). Clam is still alive and growing for the first time in my reefing career.

I think the warm white, amber, and lime LEDs are really giving me the color and growth that was missing from my old AI lights. pH starts to plummet around 9:30 so those lower levels really seem to be just for viewing rather than usefulness.

Dropping violet when taking pictures seems to keep a lot with reducing the purple taking over the photos that your eyes don't perceive.

A very true to color FTS:

PXL_20240220_035148579.jpg

Reviving this thread since some new folks have picked up ReeFi Uno 2.0s.

These are my current settings:

View attachment 53268

Basically 111W for 5 hours, 81W of that for an hour before and after ramp, then wavelengths blue and shorter. Basically 12 hours with a very 14k look at mid day (maybe whiter). Clam is still alive and growing for the first time in my reefing career.

I think the warm white, amber, and lime LEDs are really giving me the color and growth that was missing from my old AI lights. pH starts to plummet around 9:30 so those lower levels really seem to be just for viewing rather than usefulness.

Dropping violet when taking pictures seems to keep a lot with reducing the purple taking over the photos that your eyes don't perceive.

A very true to color FTS:

View attachment 53270

Thanks for sharing. I am running much lower wattage with all the fixtures I have, but am ramping over a 3 week acclimation period. Only on like day 3-4 of having the lights and alk consumption has already surpassed what I was seeing with Kessils…

I am using two Reefi Uno Pro 2.0 for mine (with much simpler settings) and dose 2,900 ml fully saturated Kalkwasser daily to keep Alk steady at around 8.3. And this is with only half the amount of corals in the tank (other are still in quarantine). All are super happy but I have relatively simple corals in there anyway. These are fantastic lights with an interface that I personally find annoying.

My settings - probably not optimal.

IMG_1447.jpeg

Last edited:
Here are my settings for the past 8 months. I have a Reefi Uno 2.0 over one half of my tank for the nems. The other half has a Kessil A360X for LPS and softies, mainly because I didn’t want to pay for another Reefi Uno light. They are way cheaper than Radions but still pretty pricey!

IMG_0046.jpeg

Back