Cali Kid Corals

Reefkeeper Elite

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
Anyone see digital aquatics webpage on this new controller they're releasing (maybe soon)?

Man this thing definitely looks like a winner, seems to use modular ports instead of plugging everything directly into the device. Best of all, it's not really THAT much more expensive than the RK2 + probe, and seems to be well under the cost of the AquaController Pro/III.

I'm really tempted to pre-order one of these things, although I am a bit hesitant with ordering anything "new" like this, the Vortech shenanigans kind of put me off a bit, but whatever. :D

You can read more about it here
http://www.digitalaquatics.com/m_product_info.php?part_number=30-0011-001

Yeah I know they're gonna be at MAX, but a trip to SoCal really isn't something I want to do unless I'm going to do something really fun. (sorry guys... aquarium trade show events are not my idea of fun :D)

Well the RK line has not had too many options, but I think it's fair to say that th RK2 is almost identical to the ACjr as far as features. If you look in their respective forums you're bound to find problems/complaints with both though, so it's not like either one is "better" than the other IMO.

The elite does in fact look like it goes well above the call of duty, simply because it's more modular, so if you need more stuff, simply hook up another module. Sure for the average hobbyist that's not going to be a huge issue, but maybe you'd like to test the tank AND calcium reactor pH, + orp, temp, etc.. or whatever, who knows maybe you run more than one tank? This would allow for multiple tanks to be monitored it seems.

I don't run a controller, had some leads on some used ACjrs, however each one they kept the DC8 :D I was looking at the reefkeeper 2, and that's when I ran across the "Elite"

what cool about RK is u can mount them flush on the door ,u can't do that with AC becuase u need all those plug at the bottom of the controller.i wait til it's come out to see what else is available.i love to have 2 ph monitor,i don't know if RK have that option or not.

lapsan

Am I reading the web page correctly?
The kit includes:
The head unit
Modular probe controller
DC8 comparable plugs
PH Probe
Temp Probe

All for $490?

Seems like a sweet deal. Only concern I have is they don't mention IC ballast compatibility. If they include that then I think we are looking at the end of Neptune Aquatics.

Sorry, I held out on getting an RK2 because I wanted the RKE :D

However, once it does get released I'm sure the market will open up briefly, so you better be ready to jump on it, but remember there will be on the order of 100-200 people getting one initially not all have reef controllers and many others who might be in the market for one so there will definitely be a sellers market out there, so deals might not be as good as you hope.

Couldn't tell you the exact date. I know the preorders should be shipping fairly soon though, however how long after for those who didn't order I can not say.

Back