High Tide Aquatics

Refuge ?

Is anyone here running T5's over there refuge. I ask because I am think of doing so and then placing a small egg crate to house a few frags. So it would be a refuge/frag tank. Please post you pros/cons of the ideas. My sump set-up is one my tank thread.

I ran a 150W MH over my fuge for over a year once. The only problem is that the micro grew super fast and if you didn't cut it back and turn it around weekly the top algae layers would actually start to "burn"... or at least that's what it looked like to me. Had several "brownish corals that thrived down there also.

[quote author=xcaret link=topic=5956.msg75314#msg75314 date=1232250177]
I just got a fuge with that light included along with the sand, rock and some macro.
[/quote]

Which light came with it? Sounds like a nice little package deal.

It's a retro T5, 2X24W I believe 6000K
I'll try getting a picture tomorrow but I have a mess in the basement, this Monday I'll clear most of the stuff and kind of do an inventory of what we need and we don't (not reef related) is just too much stuff, can barely walk there. I broke three VHO lamps last month pulling them out...

The refuge tank is 19x12x18. So do you think that a Nova Extreme(1136) 2x18W would be enough for the frag and to keep the mirco happy. Or should I just go with a 24" retrokit and hang in over the tank.

Back