Reef nutrition

Rehome Pygmy Angel - Walnut Creek

Alexander1312

Supporting Member
Hi there,

We are looking for a new home for our Pygmy Angel. We decided that he needs a bigger tank (currently only 26 gallons). We bought him less than a year ago but were not aware at the time that he should not go into a tank smaller than 50 gallons (newbie mistake).

Short video of him taken today:

Available for pick up in Walnut Creek.

The Pygmy Angel is still available.

Since I received several questions if he picks corals, I wanted to re-emphasize that he did NOT do that in my tank, specifically not LPS but none of the others either. Also, he is ultra-productive and constantly picks rocks for algae, etc., and I actually have almost no algae anymore, but he still constantly checks all rocks, and still eats seaweed a lot.

The main reason I am giving him away is to find him a bigger home, as I do sense that my 26-gallon tank is too small for him.

Please message me if you have any questions. I am also at the Cali coral event and can bring him there if interested.

The Pygmy Angel is still available.

Since I received several questions if he picks corals, I wanted to re-emphasize that he did NOT do that in my tank, specifically not LPS but none of the others either. Also, he is ultra-productive and constantly picks rocks for algae, etc., and I actually have almost no algae anymore, but he still constantly checks all rocks, and still eats seaweed a lot.

The main reason I am giving him away is to find him a bigger home, as I do sense that my 26-gallon tank is too small for him.

Please message me if you have any questions. I am also at the Cali coral event and can bring him there if interested.
Pm sent

Will he battle flame angel or Watanabe angel? They're about the same size.

Should be happy in a 200g.
Since he obviously does not have a 200 gal or those other fish I would advise you to do your own research rather than asking someone looking to give away a fish to a good home to do it for you

If it helps anyone thinking about adpoting this fish… I had a pygmy angel in a 90 gallon and had to rehome it to a 200 gallon. They are so fiercely territorial, despite their size, that they will die trying to destroy any fish that won’t or can’t swim away or hide from it. This is why juvenile mimic tangs mimic dwarf angels. But nice fish and totally compatible with acros and chalices :)

If it helps anyone thinking about adpoting this fish… I had a pygmy angel in a 90 gallon and had to rehome it to a 200 gallon. They are so fiercely territorial, despite their size, that they will die trying to destroy any fish that won’t or can’t swim away or hide from it. This is why juvenile mimic tangs mimic dwarf angels. But nice fish and totally compatible with acros and chalices :)
Interesting - thanks for sharing. I am sure your statement is based on more than a one-off experience with the one you had. We must have been lucky then with ours, where we have not seen this, and we had e.g. a purple firefish who would not swim or hide from him at all (in a 26-gallon nano). Our reason for re-homing was due to his highly active swimming behavior and frequent glass surfing which none of the others did. Anyway, he found a very nice new home already so this thread can be considered closed. Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Back