Our mission

Reminder: Website Downtime Tomorrow

thanks for your hard work on a great site! I hate web maintence too! I used to mod and built a site on the same code from Simple Machines.. sometimes it's hard to get the upgrades right and keep all the data in place!

[quote author=pixelpixi link=topic=6624.msg85468#msg85468 date=1235879122]
Starting around 10am and going until I'm done.
[/quote]

This part rocks :-D Thanks for the work!

[quote author=SoulFish link=topic=6624.msg85471#msg85471 date=1235881438]
thanks for your hard work on a great site! I hate web maintence too! I used to mod and built a site on the same code from Simple Machines.. sometimes it's hard to get the upgrades right and keep all the data in place!
[/quote]

You're welcome! I'm glad I can do something to contribute. After tomorrow most of the site will no longer be in SMF. (though the forums and private messages will still be) I'm looking forward to that. :)

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=6624.msg85473#msg85473 date=1235881627]
[/quote]

This part rocks :-D Thanks for the work!
[/quote]

Heh. At least I'm honest! ;-)

[/quote]

ZOMG!! It's 10:01am!!!! 1minute downtime! That was fast Erin!!!! :p

Okay. I think things are basically back in order. One thing to note is that the home page is not at "www.bareefers.org/discussion" any more, so if you had a bookmark to that page you might want to change it.

I'm not totally happy with how the home page and the forums integrate. I hope, though, that it's not too dreadful and we can improve it as time goes on.

Please let me know if something doesn't work!

Hi Erin, I still get the message below when I click on the Home link (http://www.bareefers.org/)
-----------------
Site off-line
Bay Area Reefers is currently under maintenance. We should be back shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Sorry about the home link! I forgot to put it back in online mode.

The sponsors button is supposed to be gone. There's a sponsors link under "about bar" on the home page now.

I believe email is working again, but I don't think there have been any posts yet that I'd receive notification for, so I'm not sure. :)

Chat is down, but hey, what's new?

[quote author=pixelpixi link=topic=6624.msg85567#msg85567 date=1235940787]
Sorry about the home link! I forgot to put it back in online mode.

The sponsors button is supposed to be gone. There's a sponsors link under "about bar" on the home page now.

[/quote]

Does that make it a little hard to find the sponsors from the forum?

Back