High Tide Aquatics

Removing false wall and baffles on an IM 14g

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to remove the false wall and baffles on the Innovative Marine 14g Peninsula.
Having one heck of a time with it. Any tips and tricks?
I've removed all the silicone I could from the reachable parts and tried to slide the razor blade down to but it hits glass.

Thanks

more gentle force :D. I used razor blades and a linoleum knife to start then slowly kept adding force (pulling and pushing with my hands not the tools) until the baffles started to budge. Once I felt the first budge, I had a good sense of the force needed and felt confident the tank could handle that force.

It feels like there's no room to put the fish line/razor blade in between.
Would it make sense to just bash the glass or is there a solvent or chemical agent I can use for certain parts?
These tanks are built really well....

There is more silicon and sheets than you would think. Take a look at all that black silicon... It really is a strong construct but once you start getting some wiggling going, it becomes easier. Dont give up

Attachments

• 60047029980__EDD805D4-BCE3-4831-A7AE-7E0DB678D1BA.JPG
    60047029980__EDD805D4-BCE3-4831-A7AE-7E0DB678D1BA.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 175
I removed the baffles first, then the main AIO divider. It actually does require a bit more force than you think it does. When removing the baffles I pushed on the side that was siliconed to the outside of the tank to fold it inward like a book with the siliconed side attached to the AIO divider wall acting like the binding. I found that much easier than trying to push and attempt to fold it downward and fighting two long siliconed sides. I did the opposite with the divider and folded it down towards the bottom of the tank.

Just in case you put too much oomph into it, I’d recommend wearing some work gloves.

So I was able to take most of the silicone off but managed to crack a little bit of the glass trying to wiggle.

Is there some adhesive gluing the baffles to the rest of the tank?

Would it be bad to take a hammer to the baffles...?

I’ve been at this for about 3 hours.

I was about to say... i have a NIB IM 25 Black that I'm considering selling. So no baffles at all to deal with if you were still having problems with your 14g. :)

Back