Kessil

Removing large toadstool leather

Chrism1330

Supporting Member
Hey guys, I have a large toadstool leather looking to get it off the rock because I wanna save the rock, and sculpt it but is there anyway to remove a toadstool without having to frag it? Is it like an anemone where you have to peel its legs off the rock?

Attachments

• IMG_7474.jpeg
    IMG_7474.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_7475.jpeg
    IMG_7475.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_7477.jpeg
    IMG_7477.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 60
The best way for the animal is to take the chunk of rock out. Hopefully it's something you can chip off.

They are not like an aneome attachment. Anemones have be mobile slowly. The toadstool attachment is about as permanent as you can get without building a skeleton. Think of a mycelium network but made of really dense and tough threads.

You can't separate the toadstool from the rock without tearing or (preferably) cutting. Cutting it will cause stress so larger water volume and maybe carbon to absorb anything the coral releases.

I did this fairly recently with a huge toadstool. It's now doing great. The biggest problem was holding it in one spot while it attached to a new rock, which took a long time. Eventually I followed instructions I found online and glued toothpicks upright to a rock and then impaled the coral on them. Yes, I felt like a monster, but I think it helped.

I did this fairly recently with a huge toadstool. It's now doing great. The biggest problem was holding it in one spot while it attached to a new rock, which took a long time. Eventually I followed instructions I found online and glued toothpicks upright to a rock and then impaled the coral on them. Yes, I felt like a monster, but I think it helped.
Fishing line works well too and easy to remove after it attaches.

Ahh yes the toothpicks @Turkeysammich told me to do this. I’ve also seen someone on YouTube use rubber bands around it, not sure how effective it might be but the results looked good.

Back