Neptune Aquatics

Replacement O-rings

My Vertex PuraTek RO/DI unit is leaking, and I'm in need of new O-rings. I think they are the standard RO/DI canisters just like everyone else has and the BRS canisters. Does anyone know where to get them locally? Would Home Depot or Lowes have them?

Also, before, I didn't use Silicone Grease, but I just got a tube from BRS that came in. I'm sure it's safe to use on o-rings, and makes the seal better, but I just wanted to double check if there is anything dangerous that could leak into the water? Also, do you just apply a thin coat, or thick coat? Thanks.

Oh man, that's a huge question.... I use a ton... from 1/4" to 10". I don't just use them lie you should... sometimes I simply use them to block light from escaping with no need to be airtight.

I'll measure my RO o-rings and let you know.

I'd shoot an email to Vertex... last time I contacted a company for a part, they sent it to me free :D

yellojello said:
My Vertex PuraTek RO/DI unit is leaking, and I'm in need of new O-rings. I think they are the standard RO/DI canisters just like everyone else has and the BRS canisters. Does anyone know where to get them locally? Would Home Depot or Lowes have them?

Also, before, I didn't use Silicone Grease, but I just got a tube from BRS that came in. I'm sure it's safe to use on o-rings, and makes the seal better, but I just wanted to double check if there is anything dangerous that could leak into the water? Also, do you just apply a thin coat, or thick coat? Thanks.

You might look for a irrigation and/or pump supply house in your area. They usually carry a WIDE selection of O rings. Take one you have with you and they can match it.

Companies that sell bearings also usually have O rings.

Of course if you are in the middle of SF you might have a drive to find such a place. Out here in the sticks it's not a problem. :)

Back