Our mission

Rich's super duper rare Cyphastrea/Astreopora

I have two frags of a "super rare" coral I received from Rich (Thales) a while back, here's a pic.

Rich.jpg

You must return two frags of equal or larger size back to the program before you grow it out.

To receive a frag you must:

1) Identify the coral with evidence (first frag)

2) Once identified, write up a general care blurb referencing similar species that you have kept (second frag)

Pickup at BAYMAC

This coral is housed in a tank that has AEFW (my tank)

Jeremy
I am confused a little bit.
Is this a Cyphastrea or a Astreopora. My understanding is that they are two different corals. They look similar but they differ in corallites size and spinules appearance. Astreopora likes more water flow(movement) and a very strong light.
as for the picture that you have posted I think that it looks more like a Cyphastrea

tuberider said:

To receive a frag you must:

1) Identify the coral with evidence (first frag)

2) Once identified, write up a general care blurb referencing similar species that you have kept (second frag)

Pickup at BAYMAC

This coral is housed in a tank that has AEFW (my tank)

Gus, your job is to figure that out :), I'm too lazy :D

It's a new DBTC approach, it ensures that folks that receive a frag are aware of how to propagate particular frags and also creates a little data about the coral

jeremy

I just came back from taking my daughter and family out to dinner. She just turned 17. O God I am getting old.

well as I said before by looking at the picture that looks like a Cyphastrea.
As all Cyphastreas could be placed at any location in the tank, moderate lighting, medium water flow and it is a filter feeder.

Back