Cali Kid Corals

RODI Question

Hello, All. We are planning to install a utility sink, so I figured this would be a great time and place to install my own RODI filter. My question is this: can the filter be bypassed when using the sink for normal purposes so as not to use up the filter life?

In the time being, does anyone know of a cheap place to get RODI water in the Central Peninsula? I've used the Glacier machines and think it may be the result of my recent detritus outbreak.

In the time being, does anyone know of a cheap place to get RODI water in the Central Peninsula? I've used the Glacier machines and think it may be the result of my recent detritus outbreak.

Yikes! It might be a good idea to get a TDS meter for around $15 before using water from those grocery store RO machines, both reefing and drinking. I've heard the filters are rarely replaced on those, and it's not uncommon to have TDS in the triple digits.

Regardless of whether you choose install the input to the RO/DI unit from your faucet (which means you can't use the sink for normal stuff while you are making RO/DI water), or plumbed directly into the cold water line under the sink as others have mentioned, you can definitely use your sink for its intended purpose.

Just use a plastic sink adapter and unscrew it when you don't need to make water, and screw it on when you need it. That's what I do from my utility sink

Is it one of those plastic utility sinks? Just drill a hole for a new faucet, lots of under sink RO units (for drinking water) come with them

Similar to the one in this picture.
411KYAbeexL.jpg

Back