Our mission

Rotifeast feeding routine

finalphaze987

Supporting Member
For those who feed Rotifeast,

How often do you feed your tank? Im currently using the minimum dosage every other day along with RN's Phyto live..corals look great and showing the best PE ive seen out of them, but im noticing some hair algae popping up here and there..Im taking it as a sign that my GFO is exhausted, but wondering if the rotifeast may have contributed. My nitrates are remaining low and all other param. are in line.

I feed Roti & Arcti everyday. Arcti's in the evening for my fishie friends, Roti a little while after the halides turn off. AFA Phyto I feed phyto when I notice my algae isn't growing, say like 8-10 days or so between cleaning of the acrylic, then I use small squirts in the evening until I see a little more micro algae growth. I shoot for having to clean my acrylic ~5-7 days, I know it's a crude method but it works for me.

HTH

Im going about 4-5 days between acrylic cleanings...maybe i should back the phyto up a bit? Thanks for the info...my NO3 is cool right now and wanted to see if i could bump up the feeding...

Min dose, is there such a thing? The recomended dose is on the bottle, but no min dose IIRC. FWIW the dose is mearly a baseline. I can't tell you how much your particular tank can eat as every tank has it's own metabolism. I suggest a baseline on the bottle but if you caught me in person I would say start slow like 1/4 dose and at a 1/4 the frequency and build up to the recommended over like a month period. More ofter with smaller feedings is the best method, rather then once a day large amounts.

There is no P04 added to RF, however, any food you feed will have P04 within it as it is an essiential nutrient for most life forms. If your getting algae blooms you most likley are feeding above your tanks metabolism, your filtration/WC are not up to par for what your adding in or a combo of them two.

Back