Saltwatersig's 120 gallon journey

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by saltwatersig, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

Lookin mighty tastey! Do you still have room for the melanurus wrasse?

2. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

here are some updated pictures ........added some sand ..... skinned the face of the stand (still working on canopy skin )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

4. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

@ Jesse thanks for having gone up and above in getting me my much needed supplies , salt,sand,bulkheads,food (fish food).....and for offering holding bins for my live stock as well. :)

@ Jeremy (tuberider) yeah,yeah.....I got the background coming. Btw you rock dude , with your knowledge and experiance that you somehow always seem to share with me when I call :bigsmile:

@ houser Nope ...kiddie pool was all self sustained and is now ready for next summers weather

@ Erin When ever you catch him , I will be ready buddy

Thank you to everyone for your comments and suggestions. If it was'nt for this club and its various members .....this build would not have been possible.

5. bee505

bee505 Supporting Member

Nice build. What is the egg crate on the bottom for? Does it protect the rocks from punching through the bottom?

6. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

You got it. If some rock shifted for what ever reason. Hopefully the eggcrate will do better than rock hitting glass.

7. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

well I finally got the sand in .....now I just glue on a few more pieces and then ............sit back and enjoy ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

i see the sand worked out looks good sergio..... i wanna see more fish photos....

9. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

very nice Sergio!

10. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

looks like things are settling in nicely

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Erick

Erick Guest

Nice photos!

12. houser

houser Past President

Clam's definitely out of proportion. I think to make it look better you should remove it, and give it to me.

13. tuberider

tuberider Guest

It's nice to see a tank that has room for corals to grow big instead of cramming rock into every square inch possible :)

14. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Agreed Jeremy, although it doesn't take too long for those corals to fill in all that space!! :D

15. houser

houser Past President

Given what I've seen historically I predict a veritable thicket of branching acros in 24 months!

16. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

update on tank.......parameters are dialed in and stable.....all coral/fish are doing great..........just need to clear off sand bed of frags and such ( I'm feeling an abundance of DBTC's coming for DEC meeting ) :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

Here is a pic of one of the soon to bw dbtc (over 6" stag ) almost against the glass

[​IMG]

18. NICE SERGIO>>

19. Kmooresf

Kmooresf Supporting Member

That tank turned out really nice! Good job. I like the open feel and the Clam is fantastic.

20. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

rearranged some more ....... here are a few updated pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]