Our mission

Santa Lives!

The best gift I could get was that my tank was still alive when I came home from visiting family, I even think some stuff grew. Hope everyone else shared the same experience. :)

That's a good feeling to come back home and have your tank look good. Did someone look after it for you or are you automated?

Haven't seen my tank for the past 5 days and won't see it until the first of the year. Crossing my fingers that everything pulls through.

It won't be long until I'll see if my new year's resolution will be to have my tank survive! Especially since I'll now be staying 3 extra days! Lets hope my dad can follow directions to the tee.

[quote author=patchin link=topic=2741.msg28793#msg28793 date=1198730779]
That's a good feeling to come back home and have your tank look good. Did someone look after it for you or are you automated?
[/quote]Ghetto automation, Alk on a dosing pump w/ a timer, cal in top off water with a float valve and a bucket, I get five days and that's it. I fear human error...

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=2741.msg28796#msg28796 date=1198734291]
Haven't seen my tank for the past 5 days and won't see it until the first of the year. Crossing my fingers that everything pulls through.
[/quote][quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2741.msg28801#msg28801 date=1198771947]
It won't be long until I'll see if my new year's resolution will be to have my tank survive! Especially since I'll now be staying 3 extra days! Lets hope my dad can follow directions to the tee.

[/quote]
I know how you guys feel right now, it's hard to keep your mind off of it. I wish you the best.

I've been gone from my tank as well since the 20th. I made it pretty simple for my friend who knows nothing about salt water tanks. All he really needs to do is check my ato water and fill it. Hope all is good when I get back on the second. So far no problems have been reported.

My tank at work was alone for 7 days....I come back and my light won't fire. I hope its just the bulb, but other than that, everything is ok. Good luck guys.

Top off reservoir was dried out and had a good growth of hair algae. Lost the ATL echinata, but the rest made it.

Back