Neptune Aquatics

Save a coral eating blenny's life...........

I knew this would be an issue. Giving a fish that has developed a taste for coral away is kind of like being intimate with unsuspecting people when one has the AIDS virus isn't it???????

Any volunteers to take the blenny before I implement other options? Please speak up soon.......
Here's what he looks like and I'll suspend the plan to place him in the freezer for an hour or so. If you feel strongly about this and willing to get personally involved, reply ASAP. I'll deliver him if you aren't too far away. I'll also call Ultimate and see if they want him. How's that sound?
P1010509.jpg

Is it all blennys that are munchers? I have a bicolor blenny and the only thing I've seen him pick at is the nori clip. Doesn't touch any of my corals.

Bicolors and many others do have a darkside. Algae is aglae whether is be zooxanthellae within the coral or other macro/micro algae on the rock.

I witnessed this guy trimming the coco worms so by process of deduction after considering member input brings me to the conclusion that this fish is a menace to any tank with feather dusters, coco worms, or SPS. Unless we have a REAL humanitarian in the group with an unusual tank containing none of the items listed above "and" that's pretty quick on the draw, he's simply a bad liability.

Stop the presses..........Ultimate will take him and reminded me (like Jer) that most blennys are NOT reef safe. He wasn't at all surprised at our findings. So don't start calling me "Fish Killer". :| BTW, Brian and Greg get credit for saving this creature's life. 0:)

screebo said:
Stop the presses..........Ultimate will take him and reminded me (like Jer) that most blennys are NOT reef safe. He wasn't at all surprised at our findings. So don't start calling me "Fish Killer". :| BTW, Brian and Greg get credit for saving this creature's life. 0:)

I was just thinking of getting store credit, trade him for a frag :)

Bosco, the cannibal blenny, now resides at Ultimate Aquarium in San Mateo. They were impressed with how large he had grown lol. BTW, thanks for the offer, Mike. He may outlive us. :) After threatening to "put him down", it won't matter if I tell you that I AM a livestock activist because you may think of me as:
HannibalLecter-1.jpg

Back