Kessil

Say hi to the MR folks

what up BAR :)

hey all , I'll be out next friday. I'm thinking of smuggling some frags in my suitcase. that is if i hear back from Rich in time. helloooo Rich. I spoke to james fatherree once about transporting sps frags.. his method is to being them to the airport in a container of water, then dump the water before going through the gate. if kept moist they should be fine. I might try some just for the heck of it. that is if i can remember to grab them when i leave at 6am.

Maybe try Ian's damp filter floss method that he uses for FW plants.

Seems like it would be even better than the damp towel method for acros.

Shiza! Didn't I reply!? I suck! Swamped and birthdayed and new kitties and two new species of exotic ceph - me crazy town!

I am available friday between 2 and 430 - you gots a car? :D

[quote author=jhale link=topic=3543.msg40411#msg40411 date=1208062258]
what up BAR :)

Damp paper towel in a latex glove works well for frags. :D

hey all , I'll be out next friday. I'm thinking of smuggling some frags in my suitcase. that is if i hear back from Rich in time. helloooo Rich. I spoke to james fatherree once about transporting sps frags.. his method is to being them to the airport in a container of water, then dump the water before going through the gate. if kept moist they should be fine. I might try some just for the heck of it. that is if i can remember to grab them when i leave at 6am.
[/quote]

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=3543.msg40456#msg40456 date=1208095503]
How pure is bottled water? Simply bring some fresh saltmix and mix up a new batch on the other side :D
[/quote]

And 5 air marshalls jump your ass when they find you mixing a new undetectible type of "Sprengel explosive" in the bathroom :D

Rich I was not renting a car. you'll be in alameda?

yeah great watch me bring a little bag of salt mix aboard the plane in a ziplock.
now what would that look like to the TSA, hmmm. I see me face down on the floor
with someone snapping on rubber gloves :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just wanted you to go back to NY with a real SF experience is all :D

BTW, any reason why you're not considering putting it in luggage under the plane? AFAIK liquids there are still permissible, and the baggage handlers might actually give you some good water flow as they load/unload your bags.

Oh, and Hi, MR people... I don't feel like registering there, I think I posted a couple pics of what I donated here, if someone wants to give pictures of what they're to expect.... which btw after I came back from the meet, I decided to clean my tank, and later that night had to feed my new dendro.. and christ if it wasn't murphy's law my colony of underoos fell over onto my open brain! Luckily my colony is baseball sized, so only a bit of it got chewed up.

[quote author=jhale link=topic=3543.msg40467#msg40467 date=1208103755]
Rich I was not renting a car. you'll be in alameda?

yeah great watch me bring a little bag of salt mix aboard the plane in a ziplock.
now what would that look like to the TSA, hmmm. I see me face down on the floor
with someone snapping on rubber gloves :eek: :eek: :eek:
[/quote]

Yep - I'll bin in Alameda, I have to pick up Kalin at 2.

No salt mix! Either damp pack them, or damper pack them and pack them. :D

Back