Our mission

SCTLD might have a solution

Darkxerox

Facilities, Events, LFS Partnership
BOD
I have a tissue sample out to aquabiomics to confirm if this is what I have been dealing with for the last two years.

I hope it’s not but the symptoms are a match.

This solution probably won’t be available for me before I shut the tank down, but I really hope it works!

IMG_0092.png

• Wow
Reactions: JVU
What did you think of aquabiomics (if you think this will derail the thread you can dm me your response)?
I am happy to identify why this particular tank is struggling so much. Sucks… but at least I have an answer. Which is rare in this hobby.

Holy smokes.. how do you treat that?
Only through antibiotics or hope corals build a resistance(a stretch).

I have read multiple different dosages. I can tell you that two separate treatments at .125mg/l and .4mg/l 3x over six days each was ineffective. I’ve heard mixed reports of going as high as 1.25mg/l.

I am not sold on doing another dose though but that’s more because I am tired of dealing with it.

I have read multiple different dosages. I can tell you that two separate treatments at .125mg/l and .4mg/l 3x over six days each was ineffective. I’ve heard mixed reports of going as high as 1.25mg/l.

I am not sold on doing another dose though but that’s more because I am tired of dealing with it.
I can understand not wanting to contend with it after a couple rounds.
I feel for you though in the frustration.
Hope everything gets better tankwise

If you’re worried about dosing too much, I can tell you that I’ve popped 250mg per 10 gallons in my display tank daily for 7 days without an issue on multiple tanks for beneficial bacteria when dealing with bacterial issues with Euphyllia.

Last edited:
Back