High Tide Aquatics

Seminolecpa's 180G upgrade

GreshamH said:

Yep. On the bright side daily basting makes for a good forearm workout. honestly some of my corals have never looked better. Think there is lots to be said for basting your corals daily if nothing else then to blow detritus around (especially in tabling acros).

Welcome to LWAEFWBS :) Your card is in the mail.

lwaefwbs.jpg

I saw them in my tank last on Jan 26, 2010.
I'm positive I got them out at this point.
Coral RX kills them and although some of the corals did not like it,
they all recovered.

JAR said:
I saw them in my tank last on Jan 26, 2010.
I'm positive I got them out at this point.
Coral RX kills them and although some of the corals did not like it,
they all recovered.

I will have to be the voice of dissent on that John. I took some live ones and tried several different products... Revive, Tropic Marin, Povidone and Coral RX. None killed them, but all 4 seemed to stun them pretty well.

They will melt in Revive if given time, however, that is the point at which the Acro would be suffering too, I know this because, like Johnny Cash, I like to watch them die

tuberider said:
They will melt in Revive if given time, however, that is the point at which the Acro would be suffering too, I know this because, like Johnny Cash, I like to watch them die
"Ah shot a man in Reno..............Juz to watch him die....................." (excerpt of Folsom Prison Blues)

Ah a person who hasn't heard about my extreme distaste for birdsnest......... I think the one you are talking about is the ATL ultimate cherry bomb milli.

Those are some very nice colonies/colors, how big were they when you got them and how long did they take to reach their current sizes? Any full tank shots?

Scroll back a couple of pages maybe pg 45 or so and there are some taken by Eric (mine suck). Almost everything I have (with a few exceptions) came from small frag sized corals [i.e. single branches of acros]. Growth rates vary depending on the corals themselves (some took 6 months to go from frags to mini colonies, some have taken several years). Think I also have some growth progression shots too a little further back.

My first youtube video. Benefits of buying your wife a video camera for the upcoming baby.

Enjoy the fine quality :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDCKw5HdGG8

Back