Our mission

September 11th BAR meeting let's talk about pests!!!

The talk will mostly be focused on coral pests, I can dabble in "hitchhikers gone wild" territory, however, There's so much info out there regarding pests I don't want it to get to laborious.

BTW, I stole all of the images off the internet and am giving no credit, I'm a bad, bad reefer :D

So "red" is what you are asking about, and which there have been a few replies... benign and controllable via nutrient control. They do have toxins in them, but they don't eat corals. They may cover them until the point of low light, but you can easily siphon them out of the tank, and several animals eat them. AEFW on the other hand are hardly benign.

I'm bringing my kids so you better have big fat projector-size pictures of pests to keep their attention. We'll see how long we last. Save a few seats in the corner for us.

seminolecpa said:
Of course Florida State plays one of their biggest games of the year during the meeting in which i am speaking. Awesome.

Iphone FTW?

Do "In-laws" count as pests. As in the ones that are not super keen on adding a fish tank to our current living situation? They agreed on 2 adults, an infant, 2 dogs - how much more is a small 40 gallon reef to add, really?

Bryan - FWIW, Ill help cheer for your seminoles during the game.

seminolecpa said:
Mr. Ugly said:
We'll watch the game while you talk. We'll eat nachos and throw empty beer cups at you too :D

You guys may do that game or not.

Sorry I won't be around for nachos and peanut gallery, sounds like a blast :p

I might have a chance to go to my first BAR meeting .. Yay.
Although a cub-scout thing is making it look questionable, but I will try.
Unfortunately, after poking around, I cannot find out WHERE at Chabot College??
Need some help.

And knowing this group, I have to add : the first comedian that says "The usual place", gets a zoa where the sun don't shine. ;)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=25105+Hesperian+Boulevard+Hayward,+California+94545&sll=37.643546,-122.105495&sspn=0.003075,0.005472&ie=UTF8&ll=37.642688,-122.104422&spn=0.006151,0.010943&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr

Will be in the room right next (on the right) to the cafeteria. The cafeteria is bldg 2300 FWIW.

rygh said:
I might have a chance to go to my first BAR meeting .. Yay.
Although a cub-scout thing is making it look questionable, but I will try.
Unfortunately, after poking around, I cannot find out WHERE at Chabot College??
Need some help.

And knowing this group, I have to add : the first comedian that says "The usual place", gets a zoa where the sun don't shine. ;)

Well we do now have a search feature so if some one said the usual, you could simply search for that :p

seminolecpa said:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=25105+Hesperian+Boulevard+Hayward,+California+94545&sll=37.643546,-122.105495&sspn=0.003075,0.005472&ie=UTF8&ll=37.642688,-122.104422&spn=0.006151,0.010943&t=h&z=17&iwloc=addr

Will be in the room right next (on the right) to the cafeteria. The cafeteria is bldg 2300 FWIW.

To add to this, the cafeteria is the building that is to right next to the round one up and to the left towards the swimming pool

seminolecpa said:
I did a search for "the usual" and nothing came up....... ducks

I just found out the wedding doesn't start until 5:30... you sure you want to egg me on like that >) It's not that big of a drive to do both and I do LOVE peanut galleries :p

Back