Reef nutrition

Serpent star question

I picked up a red serpernt star fish at work the other day and i had a few questions. He is currently in my sump. But i wanted to know if he is safe to be in my display? And also will a harliquin shrimp eat him? So far teh harliquin has left the two brittle stars alone.

They are reef safe from a coral stand point. Harlequin eat star fish so I'm sure if any of them aren't doing well I'm sure you will find out the hard way when they are gone. I think it would be safe to say one of them need to go, either all 3 stars or the harlequin.

The 3 starfish and the harliquin are all in the sump. I wish that's the harliquin would eat the two brittle stars. But anyway, thanks for the info. Ill be moving the serpent star on up to the display. the red is so impressive.

I've had a brilliant red serpent star and a huge yellow one in my tank for two years, no problems whatsoever. They're both huge, probably 10 inches across each tip to tip. Serpent stars are the best. They're good for scaring little kids when you feed and their arms rush out for food.

Back