Kessil

SF Restaurants

patchin

Supporting Member
T and I are going to the Masonic Aud tonight to see a HBO Special on Alzheimers. Can anyone suggest a restaurant in the area for a light dinner? We're going to take the Cable Car from the Embarcadero Station.

You mean the Nob Hill Masonic Auditorium...you are very close to the Fairmont hotel, on top of the hill, so there are nice pricey places there. Otherwise you can go down the hill 3 blocks in Chinatown ( or stop on the ride/way up from the Embarcadero ) or 3 blocks (toward Polk st on California) and there are some little places there. Not sure what kind of food you are looking for. Good luck.

It's looking like we will be getting a late start. We're not picky about type of food. Any specific suggestions. We'll need a quick dinner, it looks like.

Woow.. Alfred's looks a bit pricey! Reminds me of the time I went to Morton's and nearly choked on the steak... prices. (a la carte' too!). Also they add a 17% taxable service charge to show appreciation? While I'm not a cheapskate at tipping, if they really appreciated their workers they'd pay them more up front, I remember when tipping was used to show how much you enjoyed a meal, not simply used as a way to supplement a workers pay regardless of the service.

Ok sorry for the rant, I'm grading tests now :D

As to where to eat, I typically look at menus outside of restaurants I walk by and pick something I like, parking in SF is too unbearable for me to plan to go to a particular location, so I park where i can and eat near by if there's something that looks tasty and isn't too pricey.

Back