Reef nutrition

show us your walking dendros

JRocha

Supporting Member
this is my girl's walking dendo in her 29 gallon. its been around for 2 years now.
461.jpg

^ Heteropsammia cochlea, the coral grows on a sipunculid worm, as the worm moves around it transports the whole coral. Thus giving the impression of a "walking dendro"

Joost_ said:
^ Heteropsammia cochlea, the coral grows on a sipunculid worm, as the worm moves around it transports the whole coral. Thus giving the impression of a "walking dendro"
you got it.

the coral itself seems to get along with most of her coral. what I mean by that is that when the worm moves the coral right up against another coral it doesn't seem to get stung. we find it tissue to tissue with our open brains and nobody seems to get hurt. its cool cause everyday I come home its in a different place entirely. I wonder how long this thing can potentially live.

Well now that is the longest i have heard people keeping them, congrats :)

Thanks gresh. It catches PE mysis from time to time and of course oyster feast. Yeah we got it from OT when it was open. It was one of the first ones they got. it's had its ups and downs. it even survived .036 salinity then an immediate drop to .028. pretty hardy for us. she never stirs up the sand cause the worm likes it dirty.

Back