High Tide Aquatics

Sicce and Apex! Control!

Do they have some kind of special feed mode that is better than turning off the pumps?
Some like to slow the pumps down rather than stop them completely. I know 1 user who had to do that because everytime the pumps stops, his blenny would go into the pump to check it out. He lost a few blennies that way.

Some like to turn the pumps higher, to mix the food in the water column esp when also feeding coral food.

Some pumps behave weirdly when you turn off power to the whole pump vs turning the flow off at the controller (not aquarium controller but pump controller). They prefer to have constant power and utilise the feed button.

Lots of reasons to have a different flow pattern vs stopping the pump, which you can do as well.

I figured you would ball valve shut off your tank when you feed like me, but I get wanting to play with fancy widgets. I have always been tempted to check out that feature on the COR where it pumps at just the right pressure to stay on, but generate no flow.
I have my Ecotech Vectra M2 tuned to do that on my frag tank.

I emailed Sicce yesterday about a firmware update. I did not hear back from them, but I did wake up to new firmware on my XStreams. With the new firm ware they show up right away on Apex. Thank you @Vhuang168 for the info

Is this IOTA control only available for equipment that already has its own wifi connection? Is this in the works for RO Varios pumps in any fashion?

Is this IOTA control only available for equipment that already has its own wifi connection? Is this in the works for RO Varios pumps in any fashion?
IOTA is only available for specific equipment. The manufacturers have to work with our engineers and use our IOTA API to allow access into their control scheme.

I'm pretty sure most Varios pumps have a 0-10v control port. Just need the cable and an available 0-10v port on the Apex.

Reactions: JVU
I figured you would ball valve shut off your tank when you feed like me, but I get wanting to play with fancy widgets. I have always been tempted to check out that feature on the COR where it pumps at just the right pressure to stay on, but generate no flow.
Guess you didn't use the Task to setup your COR. Tsk, tsk! :).

So I added both pumps via IoTA but how do I get them to show up on my apex dashboard.... Sorry, I really need to learn how to use my Apex. I'm positive I'm not getting 99% of what it can do out of it.

So I added both pumps via IoTA but how do I get them to show up on my apex dashboard.... Sorry, I really need to learn how to use my Apex. I'm positive I'm not getting 99% of what it can do out of it.
Click the little lock icon at the top right of the dashboard. This brings up a gray box. Scroll to find them and drag them in.

Haha, I am running a Vectra L1 (with no mobius or smarts) COR didn't come out yet when I was plumbing, and I don't know if the big one is big enough. I do really like the features it has though!
The vectra L1 doesn't connect to reeflink? I'm pretty sure it does.

IOTA is only available for specific equipment. The manufacturers have to work with our engineers and use our IOTA API to allow access into their control scheme.

I'm pretty sure most Varios pumps have a 0-10v control port. Just need the cable and an available 0-10v port on the Apex.
Yeah I even bought the cables a couple years ago but didn’t bother routing them through my maze yet. I guess that shows how badly I want this extra control lol. Maybe this weekend…

The vectra L1 doesn't connect to reeflink? I'm pretty sure it does.
Probably does, I never bothered setting the software up since I am happy with on/off and intensity control that exists on the controller unit. There are so many complicated things on the tank, I never saw the benefit of making the return pump "smarter". But, now that we are all about learning here, what benefits do you get with reeflink?

So after 15 attempts I was able to get one of my xstreams to connect. I guess I'll keep entering the iota pw for my other pump. Hopefully the new tile will show up sometime.

Back