Jestersix

Skimmer Choice

I'm currently looking to get a protein skimmer for my tank. Its a 29 gallon with a 15 gallon sump. Here are my choices currently.

Coralife Supper Skimmer 65 at Natural Life on sale for $99

Aqua Euro USA PS55 at T&T for $180 (really don't want to spend that much right now)

Red Sea Berlin Classic at T&T regular price is $230, he will sell it to me for $130

Or a used Red Sea Berlin on Ebay, a lot less than even the sale price at T&T

Which one would you go with?

well i have a EuroReef CS5-2 with sedra pump. The pump is in a bin with vinegar right now cause the propeller is stuck with calcium built up. I can sell that to you for $100 i also have berlinwith pump. I'll throw thati n there as well. Not sure if pump is working anymore.

[quote author=scuzy link=topic=3251.msg36504#msg36504 date=1204829196]
well i have a EuroReef CS5-2 with sedra pump. The pump is in a bin with vinegar right now cause the propeller is stuck with calcium built up. I can sell that to you for $100 i also have berlinwith pump. I'll throw thati n there as well. Not sure if pump is working anymore.
[/quote]

I can't seem to find anything on the web about this model. Do have any specs? Just want to make sure it will fit where I plan.

Thanks

BTW - I'm headed out of town this weekend, so if I go with this I'll send you a PM on Monday to make arraignments.

think you'll have to look it up under euro-reef's older model list
it's not a current model.

http://www.euro-reef.com/oldskimmermodelspecs.shtml

[quote author=scuzy link=topic=3251.msg36539#msg36539 date=1204838655]
well that does suck heh but i thought 9x9 is decent to fit in a 10 gallon.
[/quote]

It would if I had not put baffles in.

I say yank the baffles out and put in a bubble tower to trap bubbles. I made one from a 5 in pvc pipe and i works well. I haven't installed my skimmer in my sump yet but I believe mine has the same foot print.

Back