High Tide Aquatics

Skimmer pump broke

boun11

Supporting Member
My Super Reef Octopus XP2000 skimmer's pump (bubble master) just went out. A new replacement pump will not be there until next Wednesday. Can I go skimmerless for that long? I am planning to do a water change this weekend. Any thought?

I think you'll be fine, you might notice an oily film on the surface of your tank, but it shouldn't be something to worry terribly much about.

I have one pump you can borrow or a skimmer,does the pump have a true union?
I think I'm picking your coral tomorrow in San Mateo during the afternoon.

You just slip the pump into the skimmer! I'll monitor it and see how it does. Thanks for the offer Mario. I'll let you know.

I have the skimmer running for about 16 months or so. I think the problem has occur awhile back when it stops working once in a while and I had to turn off the power and then back on again. So basically, it wouldn't skim the water all the way to the top and made noises that can be heard in the next room. I hope this help. The pump has a 3 years warranty so if it is over a year I would take the impeller out to inspect it. Other than that it is a good skimmer and the people from Coralvue are very good. They response to me in the morning after I emailed them and once I found out the problem they send out a new pump to me on the same day. Now, that's customer service.

Back