High Tide Aquatics

Skimmer

I want a Skimmer for my 25 gallon sump but don't know what to get. Right now there are no baffles in the sump. Its just a tank with a couple rocks and a pump. Water comes from tank through tube then threw a sock before it hits sump. Any suggestions would be great.

Sent from my LG-V909 using Tapatalk 2

If your sump is full already, look at hang-on-the-back skimmers. And, yeah, how big is the main tank?

An AquaC Remora would probably work, but that's old school, not sure about nowadays.

V

Really want to have an auto top off with basically any skimmer as water height changes in the sump will make it not work properly. Auto top off. Com is good enough and cheap IMO. $50 about.
As afar as skimmer goes, depends on total volume if tank and bioload, but look at used euroreefs if they have a working pump, or new maybe reef octopus (or super reef octopus depending on budget?)

How hard to install baffles? How much? Tank is 25 gallons and sump is 15 or 20 don't remember. I have 2 clowns a rbta and 20 mixed coral

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

If your sump is full already, look at hang-on-the-back skimmers. And, yeah, how big is the main tank?

An AquaC Remora would probably work, but that's old school, not sure about nowadays.

V
That's actually what I have in my sump. It's the HOB, but it gets the job done. Have it in the middle part of the sump so water height changes don't affect it much. I think they are only rated for 75g though.

Better use of time and money to install auto top off than baffles every time says I. Either way gotta have constant water height for it to work right. That not much bioload or volume. Should be fine with almost anything a long as its not a cheapo sea swirl or whatever. Find a used euroreef for $50-80 and call it a day.

Not sure I'm ready for ato. No room for a water tank. I do have a awsome rodi unit and setup in garage.. ill post pictures of my setup once I figure out camera.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Back