High Tide Aquatics

So who holds the title as Largest Northern CA fish store

Exotic-Aquarium state they are the largest but Aquarium showroom has to rival it, right? I know its not really an important question nor topic but to say your the largest store in NorCal is a pretty big statement. So who holds the title?

Fattest? :D
Aquarium Showroom was pretty big, biggest LFS that I've ever been to...
haven't been to Exotic-Aquarium, yet. Most of the stores that I go to are a bit smaller.

[quote author=phishphood link=topic=6403.msg81914#msg81914 date=1234851167]
What do you base it on? Square footage? Gallons of water? # of tanks?
[/quote]

Good question? I think I'd have to ask Exotic Aquarium. I'm thinking maybe gallons of water since they do have pretty much the whole store filled with tanks. Then again I haven't been there since the MARS swap two years ago.

I think Exotic has more tanks than AS but Max is setting a bunch of new tanks. You would have to wait until AS done setting up their tanks. Anyway I think right now Exotic might has more tanks filled with water but there are a lot of tanks that don't have anything in it but water ;D .. I haven't been to Exotic for a while though :p..

TAS on both square footage, amount of water and amount of tanks. It's in the top 10 in the nation as far as that is concerned (well, when it's done) :)

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=6403.msg81969#msg81969 date=1234889590]
TAS on both square footage, amount of water and amount of tanks. It's in the top 10 in the nation as far as that is concerned (well, when it's done) :)
[/quote]

do you have a top-10 list?

TAS is big because of the workshop in the back. I don't really think the tanks area is bigger than Exotic though. I could be wrong... Can't trust my eyes sometimes ;D ..

TAS has (will have) more holding space out front then Exotic. I don't trust you eyes either :p

Jeremy, that place is huge, so is Pruess Animal House in Michigan.

Andy, only in my head and I will not commit it to print :)

The biggest one I have ever been to was Aquatic Outlet in Inglewood, CA (close to LAX airport).

http://www.aquaticoutlet.com/gallery.htm

OK, are we talking square footage of over all store, gallonage, holding space, devoted to marine, etc?

[quote author=alve link=topic=6403.msg81982#msg81982 date=1234893502]
The biggest one I have ever been to was Aquatic Outlet in Inglewood, CA (close to LAX airport).

http://www.aquaticoutlet.com/gallery.htm

[/quote]

WOW! The sharks tank is impressive.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=6403.msg82016#msg82016 date=1234906299]
Gresham, Largest by total BET surface area! Lets see who has more carbon and media!!!
[/quote]

:lol: He who has sand filters wins then? :D

Back