High Tide Aquatics

Some micros

Ibn

Just picked up these this week and these guys are the reason that I started doing keeping corals again (did it for quite a few years awhile back and just starting again).

DSC_6390.jpg

DSC_6393.jpg

DSC_6409.jpg

DSC_6412.jpg

DSC_6413.jpg

Yeah, totally entranced with micros at the moment. Gotta stop spending money for these little guys and recover a bit.

Norman, the first two are from Matt, who goes by the screen name of Algae Blenny on RC. He has some really nice frags which you can see here:

www.reefready.net

He's only about 20 minutes away from me and well worth the trip if you ever make your way down here. Very cool guy with tons of rare stuff and at very reasonable prices. If you're interested in something and can't make the trip down, let me know since I make trips up to the Berkeley area ever once in awhile to visit with friends.

The last three are from a seller in Fremont, at a place called Aquatic Bliss. I was looking for micros on eBay and some of her listings came up. They've been in operation for about 6 months and just started doing the eBay listings a couple of months ago. Here's the seller's listing.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjane1232005QQhtZ-1

For reference, the morphs above in relation to her listings are:

#3. Super rare captive grown Micromussa
#4. Neon green eyes purple Micromussa
#5. Super rare red and green Micromussa

Here's another one from Matt.

Area 51
D2X_6382.jpg

With polyps extended
D2X_6380.jpg

Purple Haze
D2X_6392.jpg

Not sure which one this is. Basically a totally green micro.
D2X_6393.jpg

...and this is the same one as the 3rd shot above. Here it is after coloring up (not fully puffed up since I had to move a superman which brushed against it).
D2X_6387.jpg

Another named one. Smashmouth.
D2X_6396.jpg

Nice ones :D

I have only 4 morphs of micros right now. I got 3 of them from Rommel last year.

I need to visit Matt. Got some stuff from him last year too. Wish he was closer!

Btw, you're on sfbaaps right? I saw your avatar pic there after I signed up recently. I was the guy that got Ian's 60cm ADA :D

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=1779.msg16720#msg16720 date=1172888445]
Jim had said he isn't working there after this past weekend.
[/quote]

I thought he quit weeks ago?

That might not be a good thing, Norman. Having Matt near you makes you want to spend money. With micros it's real bad. :haha: I'm already looking at another group of micros on RC and one on NC.

Ian told me about the deal awhile back. I'm actually gonna be at his place to help him set up the tank that the corals will go into sometime this weekend. I'm on SFBAAPS and a few other places (mod on PlantedTank and Aquatic-Photography).

Aquatic Photography? Sounds interesting :)

Yah, Matt's a mear 20 - 30 minute trip for me as well.

yeah there's a forum called aquatic-photography. I'm on there too, though I haven't visited the site in ages =P

beautiful macros!!

Picked up some more micros along the way; quite a few this week, including UFO, stardust, pink lemonade, rainbow, and a freebie angel eyes. Haven't gotten around to snapping shots of the others, but here's the pink lemonade.

D2X_7521.jpg

Back