got ethical husbandry?

Some of my euphilias are desintegrating

Alexx

Supporting Member
Hi, so I came back after a 10 days trip, and not sure why some of my euphilias are disintegrating, also I did see some blastos were losing the flash from the skeleton. Not sure why.
The water parameters are like this:
Alk: 8:34
CA: 440
MG: 1434
Nitrates: 10
Phosphate: 0.184
I did not have the skimmer running for like 1 month.
I do run Carbon and GFO.
Not sure what to do in this case.

ONLY EUPHILIAS started to have this issue for about 2 weeks. I was away for 10 days so did not see the progression.

The only green blasto was losing the flesh before.

I spoke with @popper he said he can give me a cipro tablet, and I will also dip the coral in iodide.

Also, I saw my Sunkist bounce start to lose its bubbles and shrivel down as well but my OG bounce is perfectly fine.
I also been running UV for te past 7 months. Not sure if I should stop it.
I am also thinking to buy it online maybe I need to add more to the tank, I found this online.

IMG_7300.jpgIMG_7302.jpgIMG_7304.jpgIMG_7306.jpgIMG_7305.jpg

Last edited:
Any antibiotic like Cipro is not a one time dip. You’ll need to do a full course just like we humans do when using antibiotics. I did it for for 5-6 days at lights out whether in tank or dipping.

I have enough for you if you’d like to pick it up.

Hi, so I came back after a 10 days trip, and not sure why some of my euphilias are disintegrating, also I did see some blastos were losing the flash from the skeleton. Not sure why.
The water parameters are like this:
Alk: 8:34
CA: 440
MG: 1434
Nitrates: 10
Phosphate: 0.184
I did not have the skimmer running for like 1 month.
I do run Carbon and GFO.
Not sure what to do in this case.

ONLY EUPHILIAS started to have this issue for about 2 weeks. I was away for 10 days so did not see the progression.

The only green blasto was losing the flesh before.

I spoke with @popper he said he can give me a cipro tablet, and I will also dip the coral in iodide.

Also, I saw my Sunkist bounce start to lose its bubbles and shrivel down as well but my OG bounce is perfectly fine.
I also been running UV for te past 7 months. Not sure if I should stop it.
I am also thinking to buy it online maybe I need to add more to the tank, I found this online.

View attachment 46753View attachment 46754View attachment 46755View attachment 46756View attachment 46757
Oh no! Sorry to hear bro.
Try to save what you can and dip it.
Amox or cipro.

I'd turn your skimmer on. Best case it pulls out stuff you're not aware of. Worst case nutrients drop and you can feed more.

It looks similar to what was happening to my euphyllia a couple months ago. I tried some KFC dips on some but with no luck. I did the Cipro treatment to the whole tank, and I had one die after but it seemed to stop/slow it, but at that point I was down to 3 euphyllia, they might have just been resistant to it or something. I still don't know for sure but I assume it was some bacterial infection.

Having the skimmer off is very risky, I don’t know the story behind that but since stuff started dying after having it off for a month I’d turn it back on.

Large serial water changes if you don’t know what the issue is.

If you are going to do whole-tank Cipro, follow the protocols people have reported. Eli at Aquabiomics recommends low dose Ciprofloxacin at 0.125 mg / L, dose every other day for 3 doses. Some dose every day. Some dose more than that per dose (10x-20x I’ve seen).

Having the skimmer off is very risky, I don’t know the story behind that but since stuff started dying after having it off for a month I’d turn it back on.

Large serial water changes if you don’t know what the issue is.

If you are going to do whole-tank Cipro, follow the protocols people have reported. Eli at Aquabiomics recommends low dose Ciprofloxacin at 0.125 mg / L, dose every other day for 3 doses. Some dose every day. Some dose more than that per dose (10x-20x I’ve seen).

You’d be fine at 250mg for every 10 gallons. Wouldn’t sweat being so accurate on the low dose. I’ve done whole tank treatment a number of times at this dosage. Be sure to do this for multiple days (at least 5 if you’re going to go this route).

Any power outage during your vacation? my friend lives in sunset had a 20 hour power outage , he lost one or two euphil and a few still not doing great right now

Back