got ethical husbandry?

Sometimes bad things end up being beneficial

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
So here's a picture of a particular "chalice" (man this name is so broad it's scary) I had on May 01 of this year. Nice pinkish hues, a little yellowish to it... over all not too shabby... well chanced happened it got pried off by something (snail, urchin, etc) and fell right on my acan lord colony... well the chalice lost... luckily it was only about 1/4 of the piece that was touching acan.

here's a picture pre-fall

chalice0ev9.jpg

After the fall I glued it a little higher, and bit further over so that if did get pried up it'd not fall directly onto the acan (although upon further inspection it might again... I'll have to remedy this situation..) Anyways the move put it a little closer to the cone of light my lumenarc is making on the tank so it got quite a bit more light... and it has started to change into this..

chalicefw9.jpg

So you can see the pinks are much more vibrant, you can easily see the dead skeleton parts, but there's also a deep purple/black rim going around it. I shall call it Shades of Twilight Chalice! In honor of all the chalice naming that's going on out there :)

Back