Our mission

Spectrapure Club Specials

Used the TDS meter to check my water yesterday.

85ppm out of the faucet. 5ppm in the Rubbermaid after my cheapie DI only setup.

Yeah Mike.. I lost the tool that came with the filter. I got it now.

Reminder
Make sure you toss away the first couple G after replacing the filter.

You need a water filter wrench it looks like an oil filter wrench. Like Mike says go to HD or Lowes where they sell water filters they will sell the wrench to loosen it up. Don't use a hammer it will crack the housing.

Mr. Ugly said:
Used the TDS meter to check my water yesterday.

85ppm out of the faucet. 5ppm in the Rubbermaid after my cheapie DI only setup.

that's some good tap water. no way i can use DI-only where I live. I'd be recharging resins all the time.

Raddogz said:
You need a water filter wrench it looks like an oil filter wrench. Like Mike says go to HD or Lowes where they sell water filters they will sell the wrench to loosen it up. Don't use a hammer it will crack the housing.

You can tell that I love my hammer.. I fix everything with it :D :lol:

Mr. Ugly,
Our tap water here in SJ is around 200ppm. DI setup won't work for us. I shoulda buy some DI Resin too. The one I have is kinda old and doesn't work too well.

Here in SF it goes up and down. I have seen go as high as 200 and some days as low as 20 something ppm.

At first I thought there was something wrong with my meter.

ok folks - white prefilter 10 micron, white with white ring 5 micron, white with blue ring 1 micron.

If you haven't picked up from me, please conatct me to make arrangements.

Thanks, Arnold, that's the opposite of Buckeye's, so I'll install accordingly.

Note on these pre-filters: it's already been mentioned, but let me clarify: Remove the hose between the 1 micron cannister and the RO unit and let the water flow out. I let ~5 gal go (has black carbon residue) before attaching it back. Otherwise, your membrane will be unduly stressed. If you failed to do this, you may want to backflush your membrane for about 15 minutes. Also, my first few gallons of output that goes through brand new resin goes towards watering indoor plants.

Jim

I've got an on-line TDS meter (group buy from way back) with 2 input leads, installed post membrane and the other post DI. Both register zero. I use pen-type TDS for validation. Pretty consistent, so I trust the on-line completely.

Hi Arnold, do you think we can do another SpectraPure group buy? I really want to buy the following for continuous water change (I am lazy, and will be broke after this:) ):
LM-3 115 $239
LM3 RPM $119
Total: $358

So if there are enough interests for another $142 of stuff, we will be able to reach $500 level.

Thanks much,
Tong

We could, can one of you open a new thread call it part 2? I am a little busy now....so I can keep track there.

Back