Jestersix

Sprung’s Burning Bush crazy growth!

tribbitt

Supporting Member
I did not know this macroalgae grew this fast. Here’s a 12-day update.

Day received (Apr 12)
IMG_3071.jpeg

And today (Apr 24)
image.jpg

This is crazy. It’s growing faster than my freshwater plants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edited the name in title for you. Looking great! Mine likes to regularly dislodge itself from the superglue once it gets too too big.

Also, I just realized that this is lineaged through the piece I gave to @dangalang, meaning you are the 4th person down the dbtc chain. I’m sure this macro has probably broken a dbtc record for how many people have gotten it in the first year eh @Darkxerox ? Let’s break another one with how deep we can run this one lineage. It’s up to you now @tribbitt

Last edited:

Day received (Apr 12)
View attachment 55296

And today (Apr 24)
View attachment 55297

That's some awesome growth. I HATE mine only lasted a day and half before being eaten lol, I definitely hope to try again when new tank is running maybe in tbe sump. It’s so pretty in your tank its out shinning your nearby corals.

Day received (Apr 12)
View attachment 55296

And today (Apr 24)
View attachment 55297

I'm more impressed by the chalice recovery on the left!

From what I heard from Colin Foord at RAP, it's a good replacement for chaeto for nutrient export. He showcased it here with Vic:

Nice fox coral on the right
Thank you! It's not super puffed up in this pic, but yeah. Got it from Clear Water for an insanely good price (in the tens). Speaking of Clear Water, they recieved a coral import on Monday night, and there were some really nice corals.

That's some awesome growth. I HATE mine only lasted a day and half before being eaten lol, I definitely hope to try again when new tank is running maybe in tbe sump. It’s so pretty in your tank its out shinning your nearby corals.
Maybe! It's a really nice color, looks like gold flake on red lace. Super rich color.

I'm more impressed by the chalice recovery on the left!

From what I heard from Colin Foord at RAP, it's a good replacement for chaeto for nutrient export. He showcased it here with Vic:
It did heal really nicely! As for DBTC Sprung's Burning Bush, this feels almost too good to be true. Super colorful, easy, non-aggressive, grows fast, and now I hear it's a worthy competitor to chaeto as nutrient export? Miracle macro.

I agree this is an awesome macroalgae, and growing well for me too. I’m at the point where I’m considering putting regular reef spectrum lights over my refugium so I can enjoy the colors there more too.

I can add one to DBTC right now, but I prefer to grow it a little more - its growth is exponential, and it seems to grow fast for me, so I think I can reproduce it faster for more people if I hold onto it for a little longer

Back