Reef nutrition

SPS feeder tentacles?

I happen to catch something odd this morning. It looks like feeder tentacles from 2 of my sps's. So take a look at these pics and tell me what you think.

This is my green milli w/copper hightlights from Jeremy (under actinics as you can tell) with what looked like a tentacle
milli6.jpg

Later this morning I caught the ATL green slimer I also got from Jeremy with what looked like 2 tentacles
ATLbluetipgreenslimer3.jpg

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=2973.msg31892#msg31892 date=1202323886]
Could be mesenarial (sp) filaments (guts), did you feed or alter flow at all?
[/quote]

.... nope, haven't changed my flow .....I haven't added (close your ears Greshem :) ) any Reef Nutrition Phypto for a few weeks but I haven't added anything new.... well I take that back I changed to B-Ionic 2 part but that was a couple weeks ago.

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=2973.msg31907#msg31907 date=1202331096]
I concur with Jeremy - my millies wind up doing that if I feed p.e. mysis to the tank
[/quote]

p.e.? not sure what that is. First I thought you meant v.e. vitamin enriched? The milli was doing it in the morning before the lights were even on and I fed the tank 10 hours earlier. The slimer on the other hand did it after I fed the tank this morning.

Is this a bad thing?

Ah, gotcha. I've bought them before but guess I didn't read the package :p and haven't used them this year. Thanks. Wonder why they would cause that? Maybe and additive or ingredient?

Back