High Tide Aquatics

Steinhart Volunteers - for those who expresed interest from Matt's Presentation

Apon

Supporting Member
Ok Folks here is the info I got from Matt.....FYI - interviews need to be done in person, and mine is scheduled for March. If you are interested in joining the volunteer pool, you can apply. No promises that they will accept us for a one time volunteer, but who knows?

From Matt-

"So the first thing everyone has to do in order to volunteer for us is to go through our volunteer coordinator Rosalind Henning. She can be reached at 415 321 8111 or rhenning@calacademy.org. She can start interviewing people, well, asap, and then we get them in our volunteer pool. So the sooner everyone who is interested can do that the better, and then we can put everyone to work. We do not have any exact dates in mind yet, but in the neighborhood of late Feb/early March is when I'm predicting we'll start moving mass amounts of rock/coral/fish from Howard Street to GGP.

Things are coming along right on schedule. I'm actually headed in to the new building tomorrow to help give the big tank a final hose down and scrubbing on the rockwork, and to pick up random things like nails, cable ties etc left over from construction. The concrete rockwork has already gone through the acid leaching, so after this we do the final fill with seawater and we're ready to go. "

It took 3 weeks for them to respond to my email, and when I got the application packet and sent it in, 3 more weeks. They must be very busy, that is why I just posted the info, i was going to wait and go through the process first and then update you guys, but that could have taken too long.

It took about a month for me to hear something back, and that was a year before they started the migration!

Arnold, you should collect the information on those in this thread who are interested, and bring it for Rosalind. IMO that will be much more effective than anyone sending her more emails.

[quote author=TimTen link=topic=3159.msg36075#msg36075 date=1204601116]
I got an email back right away. Sent in my info that day, then nothing.
[/quote]

showoff! just cuz you have the good looks ;)

Rich, I will ask her when I see her. I was going to but after the 2 months I waited, Matt said people can still send email to her directly, get to get the process srated.

I figure, when they start needing people, they'll contact us. If they're so busy and the need isn't that great, then that might be why she hasn't responded.

OK guys, my interview went well. They have alot of requests. If you post your full name here...I am not sure I know all your last names. I will send a list to Rosalind the list and she can at least mark you as a BAR member.

I know Daniel Pon already..... I can probably lookup Bryan's, but please just post here asap.

Back