Kessil

Steve Elias stag

I have 2 frags of Tyree Steve Elias frags that I like to put back into DBTC. As you can see from the picture, the color and shapes are a little strange at the moment. The color used to be green/blue body with baby blue tip, and the body is kind of brown now, partly due to it grew too big and not getting enough lighting, and partly because of low Ca I have in my tank. The tips have ball like bright baby blue clusters. This is due to the thing grow all the way to water surface, and I turn off return pump 15 minutes a day to feed the fish, and the tips got baked under MH everyday (I should take more corals out to bake under MH :D). All 3 frags will be fresh cut on the day of swap since I ran out of super glue. Here is the condition.

1. Please have a stable tank suitable for SPS.
2, First come first serve to the first 2 people who are interested in them.
3. Must pick up at Frag swap.
4. Must put 2 frags back into DBTC before trading/selling.
5. If I loose my colony, do NOT give me back a frag. This thing is growing so big, it is giving me headache.

IMG_3417.jpg

I saw this on in person on the last tour. That "budding" at the top was really cool! Never seen anything like it before.

[quote author=tonggao link=topic=6302.msg80226#msg80226 date=1234330876]
5. If I loose my colony, do NOT give me back a frag. This thing is growing so big, it is giving me headache.

[/quote]

tong thats funny :) i have heard they do grow fast

Sweet! Thanks! Thats me in the pic, goffy lookin tall white guy with tattoos! lol.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=6302.msg80254#msg80254 date=1234333080]
I saw this on in person on the last tour. That "budding" at the top was really cool! Never seen anything like it before.
[/quote]

Yeah I notice some more of your stags that have this. Any reason behind this?

Cool, I know who to look for now.

Don't let anybody know about my secret ;), exposing them out of water directly under MH for 15 minutes everyday day makes them to look like that.

Back