Cali Kid Corals

Suggestion on best way to vent garage without breaking the bank

Can anyone suggest a cost effective way that I can vent out the garage during the day? Just realized when the contractor sealed the top portion of the garage for a stoarage area, they did not add some type of venting system. past couple days has been very HOT in there. It is going to be the home of my current project so looking at ways to vent without going to expensive. TIA

I'd look into a small whole house fan from Home Depot or Lowes. If you have easy access to the storage area and you have the room up there for a fan all you'd need to do is crack a side door or the main garage door and put the fan on a thermostat.

I had a tank in my garage that I used to hold some live rock and sand till I got my main tank set up last night. That tank was pushing 90 all weekend long :/ I kept the side door open and the main door cracked about 5 inches but that didn't do much to keep things cool in the tank.

~Charlie

Charles, that looks like something I would do but I dont think cutting holes on the garage door would be an option. Looks pretty slick tho. Will for sure keep it in mind.

Charlie, That sounds like something I was thinking of doing. I thought about an exhaust that vented the storage area and the garage area at the same time but not sure how effective it will be. I will however have a fan over the sump hooked up to a thermostat for when it reaches certain tempature.

Joe@Aquatic Collection said:
Back in the day when I had tanks in the garage I added a security door to the side door and left that door open and locked the security door.

We have a gate with a lock also for the side door but the fams very paranoid about leaving anything open when no one is around. All I know is when the garage door and side door is both open we have a very nice breeze in there.

Back