Jestersix

Suggestions

I am looking for suggestions for an algae eating fish that is not a tang, or a lawn mower blenny :)
My tank is a 33g cube.
And I don't know if this makes any sense, but I would love to try and keep some Ulva in my tank, so if there is a fish doesn't eat that but eats algae off the rocks, that would be a plus (if such a fish exists).

Other blennies work, just not as well IMO. I have a bicolor, and he's constantly snacking on my tank walls. I've heard starry blenny's do the same. I'm hoping/assuming tailspots do as well.

As for non-blennies, nothing comes to mind off the top of my head for a tank that size.

Yeah, I used to have a bi-color that would always pick up the rocks and all, but I don't think he did too much in the way of actually controlling algae growth on the rocks. I will be getting a tail spot blenny for this tank though, as I've been wanting one forever :)

Are you talking about hair algae?? If so I would remove it manually. 33 cube is not that big. Take about 10 minutes each month.

mmm, not referring to any algae in particular, and I don't plan to let hair algae become a problem in this tank. Mainly any nuisance [micro?] algae that grow on our rocks.
I am just looking for a fish that grazes over all the rocks in helping to keep them algae free (not free, per se, but you know what I mean :))

What about Court Jester/Rainford's Goby (Ambligobius rainfordi) or Hector's goby (Ambligobius hectori). They are omnivorous and pick at algae.

Back