Kessil

Suicidal Snail?

I have a snail that has made a habit of nightly ventures outside the tank! Tonight I came home from the grocery store and he had crawled out, down the side and about 2 feet across my desk and on top of my keyboard!

Suicidal or does he just want to post on the BAR forums? :p

Pics or it didn't happen! :p

I've seen nerite and cerith snails go for a stroll out of the water, but never as far as your adventurous gastropod.

Yeah, is it a nerite? Mine go for little trips every night. I just make sure to pick them up off my carpet in the morning and chuck them back into the tank.

I am pretty sure he is a Nerite. He hasn't done that in 3 months. Wonder what causes them to say hey, what the hell, I'll just go die today...LOL

I am pretty sure he is a Nerite. He hasn't done that in 3 months. Wonder what causes them to say hey, what the hell, I'll just go die today...LOL

Nerites are tidal snails so they often are out of the water for a while. They think they're just taking a walk between tide pools or something.

You might consider sealing the tank. Netting or acrylic.
If snails can get out, the odds are that fish can and will eventually jump out as well.

Back