got ethical husbandry?

Sunday Oct 10: Discovery Day at the Romberg Tiburon Center

Hi All,

Keep your calendar free on Sunday October 10th for the annual open house at my laboratory, the Romberg Tiburon Center. You can learn about the types of marine science research going on in San Francisco Bay as well as other places around the world. Great for kids! More details to come, and I'll try to keep reminding everyone.

Bump,

This is a neat event and if you can make it you won't be sorry..... Well, I can't guarantee that, but at least it's something better to do than twiddling your thumbs.

Info here: http://rtc.sfsu.edu/discovery_day.htm

Just a note that the schedule of events page still says Oct 4, 2009 at the top.
Sounds very interesting. I will see if I can get the kid excited about it.

We went there last year and it was a good day spent in Marin. The kids loved the underwater ROVs (which is made of pvcs). I liked the reef tank, hair algae and all ;)

Bump.

All are welcome (including your family). Discovery day is a free, informative and fun event.

http://rtc.sfsu.edu/discovery_day.htm
Schedule below: (I'm giving a talk at 1PM on Ocean Acidification).
Discovery Day 2010 Schedule of Events
Science in Your Backyard and Beyond

11:00 - Exhibits and Activities Open

11:30 - Tiburon Fire Boat water display in the bay

12:00-12:20 - Talk in Kern Classroom, RTC Lab 2nd Floor: Harmful Algal Blooms, Dr. Bill Cochlan

12:30 - Salmon Release on waterfront

1:00-1:20 - Talk in Kern Classroom: Ocean Acidification’s Impact on Marine Species, Dr. Jonathon Stillman

1:30 - Prize drawing at Dining Tent

2:00-2:20 - Talk in Kern Classroom: Why Ocean Mud is Cool, Dr. Tomoko Komada

2:30 - Prize drawing at Dining Tent

3:00-3:20 - Talk in Kern Classroom: What We Can Learn from Invasive Species, Dr. Sarah Cohen

3:30 - Prize drawing at Dining Tent

4:00 - Discovery Day ends until next year!

I will be there!
Could I bring you some coral?
Certainly the 20K lokani but what about a nice chunk of a green birdsnest?

JAR said:
I will be there!
Could I bring you some coral?
Certainly the 20K lokani but what about a nice chunk of a green birdsnest?

that's really nice! Probably not the best day to get coral as I won't have time to acclimate or place it in the tank. Another day for corals perhaps?

This event was simply amazing.
I don't know how many acres this facility is but it's huge and right on the bay with views to die for.
Tons of activities for kids and adults.
My daughter and I got a kick out of feeding the 20,000 salmon smolts before they were released into the bay.
Crabby's reef tank is simply amazing and will be even better next year.
Highly recommend it for next year.

JAR said:
This event was simply amazing.
I don't know how many acres this facility is but it's huge and right on the bay with views to die for.
Tons of activities for kids and adults.
My daughter and I got a kick out of feeding the 20,000 salmon smolts before they were released into the bay.
Crabby's reef tank is simply amazing and will be even better next year.
Highly recommend it for next year.

I'm so glad that you enjoyed the event! Thanks for coming and I hope that many more BAR members can make it next year.

Back