Reef nutrition

Sunrise dottyback needs re-homing ASAP

Hi all,
My sunrise dottyback needs re-homing ASAP. My goby who normally was hanging out by her pistol shrimp home would continuously be chased my the dottyback. This morning I found my goby Lucy (RIP :-() on the floor. I sat and watched the tank for a couple hours and noticed my clownfish were staying near the surface of the water because if they dipped to the lower half of the tank the dottyback would come after them. I removed all my rocks and caught the dottyback and it is now sitting in a bucket. I see the change in behavior in my clownfish who are now enjoying all areas of the tank and away from the top. Lucy was my favorite fish, my heart is broken and I will not be keeping this fish. If anyone has room I can meet you for the hand off. I live in Livermore. After this morning I did read that they are not very nice fish so just be aware. I also read a thread in the group that solidified my decision not to keep this little guy. If I don’t hear from anyone I will likely drop it off at PetCo or fling her outside (J/K) don’t tell PETA).

Also, if my goby is gone will my pistol shrimp pair up with a new one :-(? Lucy was a shrimp goby. I am so heart broken. I loved watching her hanging out in her front yard and my morning coffee just won’t be the same without her.

Catalina

I sat and watched the tank for a couple hours and noticed …
We should all do this part more often. Amazing what you’ll see if you aren’t in a rush and just watch.

Other local fish stores that specialize in saltwater will take your fish donation too usually if you want to give them a better chance than PetCo. Being in Livermore you have some not too far away.

Sorry about Lucy :(

Back