Neptune Aquatics

Support our Sponsors - Check this out! Bay Bridge Aquarium.

Hi everyone, sorry about that, I wasn't around at that time..I can take appointments after hours (after 530p) individually to take you inside to check them out. We're working on figuring out a way to maintain social distancing, yes we do have risks to employees and/or their families, and the number of people and their kids trying to come in coughing/sneezing/not wearing masks, as you know, is really frightening. Just as the grocery store clerks nationwide have been dying, my staff are concerned - I put their health and safety above the needs of the store. Please just text me privately to 415-300-0597 and I can call you back or help you out. We're understaffed as well, (did post a job listing on Facebook BAR) and trying to keep up with the web-ordering/phone-calls is bewildering. Thanks for everyone's patience.

Reactions: JVU
Thats pretty much my experience and wasted trip in a nut shell. I'm not faulting them at all for complying with the Covid restrictions. I was just wondering how Bruce was able to purchase fish and what not, and stating the store was open, when in reality they are not till the shut down lifts.
Sorry for having a wasted trip - we are definitely still doing orders all day long at the door, over the phone, etc. The staff were not aware yet that I was taking people inside after hours, since I just made that decision yesterday. Happy to text as many hundreds of pics as you want as well. Thanks - Michael

@MichaelW maybe start a thread here of WYSIWYG fish and coral pics with prices? (Thats if its allowed by the BAR BOE.. im not sure). Because i for one would be interested in purchasing something, especially if shipping is free within Norcal. All ive done this SIP is check out a ton of online coral and fish stores but shipping cost and uncertainty of shipping cross country has been whats made me hesitate.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I'll definitely get that to you. Actually the quickest for photos is to message us on Facebook Messenger, www.facebook.com/baybridgeaquarium -- Send Message - as it goes a lot faster than SMS photos and we can send you 50 at a time rapidly.

Yeah they did, I seem to recall it was like $300-400 for a trio, 1 male + 2 females. But looking at LiveAquaria, males are $550, not even diver's den either.
Hawaii has changed a lot with its fisheries export and strict new rules, as has the cost of pretty much everything. It's a difficult fish to catch since it's very deep, and takes a lot of the divers’ time with decompression stops. Shipping goes up every every year, too, unfortunately. To keep those fish safe, one fish might go into a 20lb bag of water flown on an airline passenger flight. Managed to get these guys on one of the only HNL SFO flights still going, and it took a week to reserve space for freight - which was much more expensive this time around, too But at least we got fish!

Back