Jestersix

Tank Overflowing

I was able to take the bottom of the pipe off and it did not have a blockage. No thousands of worms in the pipe:)

The air tube is clear. It's still having a minor siphon happening. Now it's about a 1/2 inch that the overflow is going down and then more forceful water into the sump. We cleaned everything in the sump and the overflow area. Took out almost 6 cups of worms from the overflow. Guess I'm overfeeding.

Any other thoughts as to why it might still have a slight siphon happening?

Thanks again for all the help.

It's a SICCE Syncra Silent 3.0 Multifunction 714 GPH. My display tank is about 70 gallons after rocks. Sump is about 20 gal with current water level. Does that sound OK? It's what Bulk Reef Supply Recommended.

So the old Neptune COR-15 you had was controllable up to 1500 gph. It may have been turned down to tune the flow in your tank not to overwhelm the overflow (I'm not super familiar with that model though).

Do you have the ability to turn down the flow of the return pump?
I think so.
So the old Neptune COR-15 you had was controllable up to 1500 gph. It may have been turned down to tune the flow in your tank not to overwhelm the overflow (I'm not super familiar with that model though).
I was able to get the Sicce to turn down. My tank has never been so quiet. I think I always had the COR turned up too much also. You'd never guess I've had this tank up for 10 years. I feel like a newby I've learned so much this week.

My tank has alway sounded like a waterfall since the day the guys installed it. I can't even hear it right now.

So, I guess I've been overfeeding since the beginning. Can't believe how many worms were in there.

The pics is what I was referring to about the cap

But
Looks like it’s time to re up you $upporting membership

Attachments

• 5C66DAB0-E475-46A7-B25E-652F9DBC4A0E.jpeg
    5C66DAB0-E475-46A7-B25E-652F9DBC4A0E.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 64
Back