Cali Kid Corals

Tanks OK?

Watched water slosh around in my tank from the earthquake tonight. It may have even shifted the tank from the stand just a tiny bit.

Anyone have any problems?

not that I know, I got woken up, and my feet were on the floor reading to sprint into action but I was listening for a loud crash downstairs. So first test on my tank stand :D

I went to look at my tank right after it happened & expected to see a little bit of water on the rim but nothing, tank didn't even flinch.

Thinking about anchoring the stand to the wall now...

Luckily nothing over here. I was expecting water to slosh out of the tank but nothing. As much movement as there was, I was shocked nothing even shifted on my shelves or in my cabinets around the house.

Curious, those of you with water sloshing about, do you have any eurobracing around your tank? I thought my tank didn't slosh much due to lack of water anywhere then realized my eurobracing is wider than most and that could have prevented it.

Ahhahhaha thats what I did after the shaking stopped. I think im going to buy this wet vacuum for cleaning my sump and emregency cases where there might be an accident with the tank.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Bucket-Head-Wet-Dry-Vaccum-BH0100/202017218

Apparently its a great idea since a good amount of other people have used it. I might be using this to do water changes in my sump from now on.

The buckethead is great, until it creates a siphon. Just be careful. I've had many spills from it not stopping after turning it off.

My tank has moved a 1/16th or so back off the stand. I can tell because I had it perfectly square on the stand when it was filled up and now I can feel a slight bevel with my finger tips. We are on the 3rd floor so the apartment moved pretty good. Enough to splash some out of my 20g long hospital tank.

Friend in the sunset also had a wet floor from his 140 on a 3rd story apartment.

Glad everyone fared well. :)

Ouch, 200 gallons is a lot of water to leak on the ground, hopefully he managed to siphon some of it out to a holding container and didn't lose any live stock.

Back