The Money Pit (Bruce S. #2)

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by Bruce Spiegelman, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Gablami

Gablami Supporting Member

Yeah, all my copperbands would go for mysis at the LFS, but none aggressively. Then when they would get home they'd stare at the mysis for a few seconds, contemplate, and then go for one, and then sometimes spit it out. I would pay good money for a healthy aggressively eating CBB. Love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

That's why I decided to put this one in as the first fish. I don't want him to have to compete while he gets used to his new environment. Hopefully it works.

The funny thing about it is @Coral reefer was at the store when I got there and I asked if he thought it would be a good idea to put him in as the first. His reply, "well you don't need one yet in a new tank."

3. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I added I guess so, probably good to not have to get bullied!

4. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Supporting Member

just saw the tank in person.. it was jaw-dropping... can't wait for it to be stocked up and filled with animals.

5. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Supporting Member

and @Bruce Spiegelman takes shitty photos that doesn't do the justification how great his tank looks.

kinetic likes this.
  6. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

7. Bruce Spiegelman

Updated photos and updated equipment list.
    IMG_0950.jpg IMG_0952.jpg IMG_0919.jpg IMG_0923.jpg IMG_0926.jpg

kinetic, JVU, tankguy and 1 other person like this.
  8. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Looks full of corals already...

9. jepoy

jepoy Supporting Member

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. euod

euod Supporting Member

Jestersix really gave it some depth.
    Nice scored, too. Reefbuilders let the cat out of the bag and with limited flame wrasses, those wrasses could skyrocket again.

Edgar Sandoval and jestersix like this.
  11. Bruce Spiegelman

Not really. I moved a few easy ones over a few weeks ago (Digitata, Birdsnest, Monti's, etc.) but that's it. Frag tank is still full of stuff to move over when it's time.

12. Bruce Spiegelman

Jestersix is a reefing god! That wrasse is actually a Magma wrasse.

jestersix likes this.
  13. Edgar Sandoval

Edgar Sandoval Supporting Member

Saw this tank a few weeks ago and it looks great. Bruce is very creative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ashburn2k likes this.
  14. RobMcC

RobMcC Guest

Nice. How is the copperband doing? I also bought one of the aussie marginalis from AC a few weeks ago. Like Gablami's it only lasted two weeks. It was eating pretty aggressively too. I suspect it had internal parasites, as it got very thin, very quickly, despite eating well.

I've kept one before too, and he/she was fine for years (sold it when I broke my tank down to move to the US). If I get another I'll treat it for a week in prazi before putting it in the display tank.

15. Bruce Spiegelman

So far so good.

16. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

You are able to treat the whole tank with prazipro. If it was a parasite it might be a good idea to do that anyway. Keep an eye out for any signs.