Neptune Aquatics

Things to 3D print

CaseyP

Treasurer
BOD
I'm late to the 3D printing game but just got one and holy moly this thing is awesome once dialed in. I've purchased at least $100 in 3D parts but now I can print at home. What are your favorite aquarium items that you've printed?

So far I've printed this Hanna cuvette drying rack and a DI resin packer.

PXL_20230712_045050726.jpg

What printer did you get?
Flashforge Creator Pro. Traded coral for it

I actually like storing the cuvettes with DI water so water spots don't form.

The mushroom cages I got from @richiev have been really useful. Light shades for my old AI and my Kessil fuge light helped with light spill too.
That's next on my list. I'm just trying to find or create a design I like. The fine mesh ones I've purchased before I have issues with soft corals getting stuck to the sides when there's flow. Other designs available in thingiverse have solid bottoms which collects too much detritus. I'll probably edit one of those to add holes on the bottom and legs to lift it for detritus drainage.

I actually like storing the cuvettes with DI water so water spots don't form.

The mushroom cages I got from @richiev have been really useful. Light shades for my old AI and my Kessil fuge light helped with light spill too.
If you rinse with RODI water, they don’t get spots as they dry, since the spots are minerals in the water. I use a lab-type squirt bottle with RODI.

I'm late to the 3D printing game but just got one and holy moly this thing is awesome once dialed in. I've purchased at least $100 in 3D parts but now I can print at home. What are your favorite aquarium items that you've printed?

So far I've printed this Hanna cuvette drying rack and a DI resin packer.

View attachment 48690

My favorites so far have been custom designed large bio balls for my Aiptasia tanks, and a feeding ring for my Apex feeder that attaches to the unit.

Flashforge Creator Pro. Traded coral for it

That's next on my list. I'm just trying to find or create a design I like. The fine mesh ones I've purchased before I have issues with soft corals getting stuck to the sides when there's flow. Other designs available in thingiverse have solid bottoms which collects too much detritus. I'll probably edit one of those to add holes on the bottom and legs to lift it for detritus drainage.
i got this printer for free and has worked flawlessly for a couple of years now.

Back