Reef nutrition

Think it's overkill!?!

Couldn't resist trying them out.

fd086dc284a8001e727c9385a82d71d0.jpg

At 40% intensity, Ocean Blue 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You liking the ap700 so far?

My radions are STILL sitting in their boxes.

Ive got a couple known hard to keep corals neon pink ricordea yuma, pink goniopora, assorted zoas, and a well behaved bubble tipped anemone.

Worried the radions are gonna fry em.

Mixed feelings. I'll give it more time before giving judgement. But so far, the lighting is awesome. Coral colors really pop but the fish don't look so good.

The app needs to be redone. So far I'm not liking the controls but I'll play with it some more.

Some really weird quirks like when I go to rename a schedule, the keyboard pops up and covers 1/2 the screen, sounds normal right? Except it also covers the part I'm trying to type in and the screen doesn't scroll up so I can see what I'm typing.

Overkill? Nah, especially if you see light shining over the edge of your tank. Great thing about LEDs is you can crank down the overall intensity if you suspect too much light.

That said, how high above the tank are they? How deep is the tank? Normally I'd crank them higher, but seeing the LPS in there maybe not so much, but who knows, maybe they'll like it! :D

The light is 15" above water. I can bring it down but that means dipping the light mount into water which I'm not liking. Intensity is at 40% right now. PAR is coming in at 122 at the top of the rocks.

The colors are not as vibrant. It changes with the color that I pick. Maybe there is a medium I can find. Just need to play with it.

Annnnnnnnnnd it won't connect to my router.

I have to connect direct wifi with it. Even if the router connection worked, it's not cloud based. And I have to be on the same SSID. So that means I have to connect with the light to do changes, switch to my router if I need to check something like download the manual maybe, then switch bk to make changes. Or have another device to access the Internet. Very clunky.

AI's interface is much better. Cloud based but direct control, not like Apex cloud based system where you have to push the data to the controller manually to see changes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But I will say this, the light is bringing out color/details in coral that I've never seen with my Hydra 52s.

590c2846f7e92b56bd01e8cd38f5209e.jpg

815f1f2639e867046b5d27f53bda1585.jpg

f9b280aa645bec665cd76aaf542f51d0.jpg

Crappy cellphone pictures don't do it justice.

Had to pull out the dslr.

All were shot with custom WB setting, slight tweaking in Lightroom on Exposure,Contrast, Hightlight,Shadow,Whites,Blacks only. No colors were adjusted. In most cases, I just hit the Auto button. I included the last shot which is of the SunnyDs as shot. No adjustments at all. Just to show the difference any adjustment I made changed.

AcanEchinata.jpg
chalice.jpg
FlowerNem-3.jpg
FlowerNem-4.jpg
Montipora.jpg
MontiporaSetosa.jpg
Rodactis.jpg

Nice pop. Must be a ton of near-UV in those things.
But that might follow that fish don't look as good. Not a lot of fluorescence in fish.
Turn up the white a bit maybe?

Pity about the networking/app mess.
But firmware seems to be upgradeable. I bet they will eventually fix it.

That is what Kessil calls Ocean Blue 3. Which is their darkest deepest blue. It goes all the way to Sky Blue (or was it white? Can't remember) which has the most white but still retains all the 420nm light. I have it on a schedule that moves through the whole range during the light period.

I'll grab some pictures when it is just turning to a middle blue when I get the chance.

Back