Jestersix

Thinking about selling my Elos, need some opinions...

Hey guys,

Two months ago I set up my new in wall 170 and it's been great. I upgraded from an Elos 120 which is around 80 gallons. The Elos is still setup and running in my kitchen, but I have been thinking about taking it down... I'd like to keep it, but I am afraid of the PG&E monster.

I have someone who is interested in purchasing the tank, but don't know what to ask for it. Retail, the full Elos System 120 which includes a custom sump and skimmer is $3,750. Cutting out the sump and skimmer takes off around $750, so $3000 for just the tank and stand, new. My tank is in great shape, stand has some normal water damage, but nothing serious.

What do you think would be reasonable for the tank and stand? I usually try to get 50% of new value for used goods... do you think $1500 sounds right? (I know that's sounds pretty darn expensive for a used tank, but it's an Elos...)

Thoughts?

jason are you interested in selling the skimmer I am looking for a ns500 for my elos 70 I am setting up. to bad you didnt have this for sale before I bought the 70. How are the t5 working for you?check on reef central elos forum someone is selling the same set up in milpitas I think he is asking 2900 with the elos planet 2

Hi Alex,

I didn't get the sump/skimmer combo with the Elos, so I don't have one to sell unfortunately. (I prefer to pick my own components for the skimmer/topoff, etc...)

I think that Sang had a 120XL which is a bit bigger than my 120... but it sounds like 50% of new is about what he ended up getting for it.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

Back