Cali Kid Corals

This one is for Jason (eight)

actually...i take that back. encourage him all you like, the more he buys the more stuff gets "overflowed" into my tank. hehe.. i now have three fish in my tank because he impulsively decided to buy a pair of picasso clowns. yay!

Well Jason, you'll get back home on the 13th with tons of frags and next morning is the 14th...
I saw it and thought of you, as weird as it may sound.

Yes, I think Jason should definitely buy this one. It's a one of a kind and has his name all over it...I bet if you flip it upside down, you'll probably see the number 8 on it. :D

Seriously though, I think its wayyyyyyyyyy too much. This Fungia is most likely from Borneo, which is just starting to ramp up its exports of corals. In 6 months or so this type of awesome looking fungia will be more available and cheaper. Maybe not $40 cheap, but definitely $300.

patrickb said:
Seriously though, I think its wayyyyyyyyyy too much. This Fungia is most likely from Borneo, which is just starting to ramp up its exports of corals. In 6 months or so this type of awesome looking fungia will be more available and cheaper. Maybe not $40 cheap, but definitely $300.

That's different then what I have been told. Borneo got a few through but since has ceased shipping.

Not to mention I have seen them like that from other places such as Australia.

They all go for $300+ wholesale. Not sure why he thinks they'll drop in price. They're the next big fad ;)

Actually after getting imprisoned in Australia, paying the fines then having it confiscated when you enter the US, I think the $5K would be beans in comparison :) harvesting off the GBR by anyone but a fully permitted Australian resident is a huge no no. In fact entering the GBR with out contacting them first could result in your vessel being sunk by the navy.

CPA's are responsible when we take care of other people's money.... not our own. Heck a bunch of my corals came from a "Dude you need to get that" or "Dude split this with me".

Back