got ethical husbandry?

tide pooling

Check the tides, right now their a little on the full side, evenings would work though. Wind is your enemy this time of year it can create a lot of turbidity, today the water is clear emerald, and sadly the surf is pancakesville.

i felt like a nerd a few weeks ago jeremy when i looked at your username had one of those oh!!! Thats what it means moments.

Come out to the coastside and check out"Fitzgerald Marine Reserve" its where Iv been going since I was a kid . but Jeremy is right , if you dont check the tides you'll be bummed .

and the "tuberider" thing .... my wife got it before I did and I grew up here :'( . sometimes Im not so quick

Then Barrelking would have really gone over your heads :D.

A little factiod, I shape and glass all of my surfboards, and have not ridden a factory board in at least 6 years (even my guns and semi-guns).

A little factoid. I have never even attempted to surf. For 18 years of my life, I lived 30min from the so-cal beaches (huntington/newport). For the next 12 years of my life, I lived 10 minutes away from said beaches.

Ahhh...okay see now I don't feel so dumb. I thought inner tube for the longest time as well until I got the surfing aspet and then it clicked, popped, and promptly went out :D

thanks for teh recommendation. we went to FMR yesterday. it was a nice day to be out there.

here are some photos i took

fmr18.jpg

it turned gloomy after about 2 hrs of being there.

fmr17.jpg

fmr16.jpg

fmr15.jpg

fmr06.jpg

my son refused to cross the puddle.. he said "its too easy daddy!" he has the meaning of easy and hard mixed up..

fmr05.jpg

fmr04.jpg

fmr02.jpg

what trip would be complete without some photos of seaweed :D

fitzgerald marine reserve.

yeah I put together a SFBAS shoot at the minus tide day. that was tons of fun.

and now I know what Jeremy's name means! I thought he liked inner tubes too.

Hey I had the last algae... Didn't know it's cold water algae. I gave it to Jim. Wondering if it's still alive. I grew it from a "seed" ;D ..

The algae above it looks pretty cool. I love macroalgae 8) ..

[quote author=Elite link=topic=3474.msg39748#msg39748 date=1207351355]
Hey I had the last algae... Didn't know it's cold water algae. I gave it to Jim. Wondering if it's still alive. I grew it from a "seed" ;D ..

The algae above it looks pretty cool. I love macroalgae 8) ..
[/quote]Like tigger pods many of the macro algae adapt to different temps, I've been tempted to harvest a small amount of Gracilaria to see how it works out in a fuge. Come out to the coast if you like macros Phong, it's unbelieveable the variety.

Back